• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Gaith's Fan Edit Shorts - New: Al Stewart's "Trains"

That Hero vid is a masterpiece :). Amazing rapid cuts timed to the drum machine (Real drums?).

Would love to see more music video pieces like that exploring other themes from movies. Loss/redemption...

^ I bet you could cut some amazing footage to that song.

Wow, high praise; thanks! Watching it for the first time in a few years, I think what really makes it work (if I may be forgiven for tooting my own horn) is that there are character beats for each of the heroes as well as punches, leaps, and explosions. And I'd also like to see more thematic montages! :)

New short! :)

"Mark Kermode vs. Leap Year"

Yes, yes, yes! More Kermodian rants edited to the actual movies please :). You should send Mark a link.

The boyfriend is played by "somebody else."

That's not somebody else, that's Ben Wyatt!

This is no country for old cineastes... so sail to Byzantium, courtesy of my latest fan edit short!

First new short in a while... been thinking around this particular one for at least a decade. The editing is deliberately loose - I could've used more sources to sync more cuts to the music, but thought in this case a more impressionistic feel was best.

[align=center]

Very cool. I particularly like how every shot you chose was focused on keeping the scope large. The music went pretty well with it. Nice job.

^ Belated thanks! :)

Anyhow, here's a new project, City by the Screen: A San Francisco Films Supercut, composed entirely (I'm pretty sure) of scenes both set and shot in good ol' SF. Some of the sights now look exactly the same (the Safeway featured in Bullitt at 00:46 is still a Safeway), while others are heavily changed or even flat-out gone (most notably the Sutro Baths). I'm vaguely considering making a sequel/companion video, possibly featuring some shots from projects not actually filmed in SF, and/or taking place in its future. Haven't decided yet.

Edit: see below.

Also, this Fan Edit Short features your humble correspondent himself, who was a paid extra on a daylong Just Like Heaven shoot in Washington Square Park:

[img=414x230]https://s21.postimg.org/gkzrtjr4n/jlh.png[/img]

As hinted (implied? threatened?) above, I've expanded/doubled my San Francisco Films supercut, with a new nighttime segment. Alas, YT blocked the audio on the second song, so it's Vimeo to the rescue...

[align=center]

I started out making this one as a lark, not expecting it to to be so glum as it became. (I got the idea to do it last summer, before our national disaster, but now that I've actually done it, it seems to fit the times.) Or maybe you might find it too silly/inane to be glum. YMMV. Only one way to find out! :p

[align=center]

Little late, Gaith, but I sent your SF clip to Bay relatives.
Big hit.

Well done.  Overall, it hit me with some genuine FEELS. :cry:

Though the DC fan boy purist in me found using Vandal Savage as Solomon Grundy a bit distracting lol.  Also, seeing Spidy, Logan and Dom felt a bit out of place even though I understand the intent.

Thanks, Vultural and Bob!

bionicbob said:
Though the DC fan boy purist in me found using Vandal Savage as Solomon Grundy a bit distracting lol.

Glad you liked it! Anyhow, he looks like a "Solomon Grundy" to me, whatever that is. :p

bionicbob said:
Also, seeing [...] Dom felt a bit out of place

But the Wonder Woman photo he places ties it all together! ;)

Gaith said:
Thanks, Vultural and Bob!

bionicbob said:
Though the DC fan boy purist in me found using Vandal Savage as Solomon Grundy a bit distracting lol.

Glad you liked it! Anyhow, he looks like a "Solomon Grundy" to me, whatever that is. :p

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oT2Y7BSnF0[/video]

A version of the character was introduced in ARROW...

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gukCOIHBdKQ[/video]

IMHO, the Selena Gomez/Kygo song "It Ain't Me" is a lyrically rich, punchy breakup song with old-school vibes - but it's twice interrupted by what's apparently called a "drop" section, which sounds like a dying robot vomiting into a vocoder, and whose garbled incoherence derails the track's prose as much as it does the music. This song fan edit, then, chops out ~100 seconds of electro-trash, leaving a lean, mean, two-minute ass-kicking beat-down:

And, I've yet to post this frivolity to the thread, so:

Little known fact: Charles Xavier's favorite album is Sparkle in the Rain. (Or is it?)

It's a Wednesday - anyone care for some more Kermode & Mayo?

Love the Hero one, fantastic editng! I've done a few of them (none with the finesse and intricacy of that though) so I appreciate how long that will have taken to make.

^ Thanks! They did take a while... :)

Back
Top Bottom