• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Frameserving

corgicar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know - me again.

Trying something new with AI - frameserving to VEGAS. All went swimmingly save for the fact that the aspect ration has been lost.

Plus, the quality wasn't the greatest when I burned a test of my opening at what I thought was the highest quality. Still had those annoying AVI lines.

I followed this guide:

http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0

Any thoughts?

R

you probably want to resize the video in the framserver.. its possible in Avisynth not sure about others..

Why would you want to frameserver TO an editor?

It was suggested by Zinn in another topic as a way of getting m2v's into Vegas, which I've had no luck in doing, and as a way of increasing editor efficiency.

I thought it worth a try and have invested maybe an hour or so in it, and am not satisfied with the results. I may go back to Ulead if this doesn't work out, but I do like Vegas' gui more and would like to make it work if I can.

but vegas accepts mpgs, so why not mux it and work with the real deal? ULEAD MEDIA STUDIO PRO doesn't work with m2v as well, but it does with mpg.

For whatever reason, my copy of Vegas will not accept any mpeg, mpg, m2v files. Takes everything else, though.

hmmm... mine accepts mpgs... of course it does. It has to. But I am still using Vegas 6.0.

Sounds like you haven't got a registered MPG plugin in Vegas

TMPGENC Tools does a nice quick m2v mux without needing a dummy audio file

hmmm - weird. I'll look into that. Thanks

boon23 said:
Why would you want to frameserver TO an editor?

I found it to make VEGAS much faster on my system, and it seemed to work easier with AVIs than with MPEGs. I learned on the fly and used AVISYNTH and VFAPI. There are tutorials on both at videohelp.

Cool, thanks.

Also, the mpeg situation seems to be related to corrupt files and not Vegas, itself. So, I'm remaking them.

I'm not using Avisynth. How is the quality of your finished product with it, and do you have trouble with aspect ratio's changing?

Update:

The new AI mpgs work great in Vegas. There was a problem with the first 20 seconds of the movie for some reason. Luckily this is only studio logos. I cut them, added blank space to keep from screwing up the sound synch and am good to go. I'll just add the logos back in directly from the VOB files, which Vegas handles well in small doses.

I found VEGAS to be super-slllloooooowwww when outputing...but at the HQ levels it looked really good. Files might be a bit bloated, but I went for the highest quality & could, then scaled down later.

I never had a problem with aspect ratios...

Back
Top Bottom