- Reaction score
- Trophy Points
The three Back To The Future films are amongst my most favourite films; I have made an edit combining all three films into one big adventure! To achieve this, I have done the following:
- Relocated the end credits for Parts 1 & 2.
- Removed the opening credits for Parts 2 & 3.
- Removed the footage from Part 3 shown as a preview at the end of Part 2, as well as the “To Be Concluded” text.
- Adjusted the colours in each film.
- I’ve removed the yellow tint present on Blu-ray versions of Part III.
- There are also subtitles for each film, sourced from an official Blu-ray release, which were edited to match the timing of the fan edit. In some instances I have made a few adjustments to the subtitles, to more accurately match the tone of the scene, or the emotion being expressed by the actor, as well as correcting spelling, grammar and punctuation in a few places. In some parts I’ve added in subtitles that the actors spoke, but were erroneously left out of the original subtitle files. There were also some instances of subtitles being completely different to what the actors said, so I’ve corrected that too.
- I’ve removed the repeated scene of the DeLorean being sent from 1955 back to 1985 at the end of Part 2, which we already saw at the end of Part 1. The scene now goes from Marty finishing talking to the Western Union representative, to Doc walking down the street after the DeLorean successfully made the trip forward in time to 1985.
- End of the abovementioned scene: I’ve used AI software to remove the music at the end, and added in the sound of the approaching storm from the beginning of Part 3. This scene now goes to the beginning of Part 3, albeit minus the opening credits.
- Also at the end of Part II, I had to remove the last part of Marty’s dialogue, where he says “Oh perfect…Just perfect”, as I was unable to get a clear enough section of audio to use. I tried relocating audio from Part I, where Marty says the exact same line, however it didn’t sound quite right, and didn’t match the tone of the scene at the end of part II.
- End credits for each film are there in full; I added title cards for each film (“Credits for Part 1”, “Credits for Part 2” etc.). I sped-up the end credits, so that they last two minutes each.
- Music for the end credits: “Back In Time” plays in full, as does the end credits music track from the end of Part 1.
- Added a “Fan Edit by Phase3” title card to the end credits.
The edit has been completed, and is being rendered today. I hope to submit the edit for review very soon!
If anyone would like to see it, please send me a PM!