• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

flash to standalone

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am using this software to make a gallery browser. It creates an swf file, but it also creates a bunch of other files and directory that is associated with said swf file. To view the swf you also need the directory and files in the same folder. Is there anyway to convert this into a standalone? I dont mean into an exe standalone flash, but a swf that has all of these files embedded in it.

I know this seems like sort of a random question, but I am unable to find an answer so far on the web (dont even know exactly what I am searching for) and I think that this will benefit the cover art stuff in the end

i've only ever come across single file swf's in my travels, maybe theres an option in the Flash authoring software to create a single file somewhere?

sorry i cant be of any more help.

thanks, n0march. i am looking into other softwares now too.

boon, I am mostly looking at doing swf (with directories) to a standalone bundled swf. It looks like that works with video and video flash.

I would prefer to keep it a swf file to incorporate into the website and allow for user interaction. I really dont want to go the video route.

Does that software work with flash or does it just output video?

it outputs whatever you want, from what I know.
WinFF can handle flv and also output it.
Super can handle SWF and hopefully also create it.

I'll give it a try. I am very comfortable with converting various forms of flash (swf, exe) to video (see A Flash of Spoofs ;) ), but I am trying to make a nice interactive flash gallery. I have DLed a couple of other applications to give them a whirl.

i dont want to work with video, i want the raw swf stuff. I will see what winff can do. I have Super, and I dont think it can create swf. and as a side note I have not been satisfied with the quality from Super.

I'll keep you posted on how its going. and take a look at winFF. thanks, boon ;)

Back
Top Bottom