• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

First FanEdit Problems

vmancini

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok guys, here's the deal. I burned my first FanEdit and here's what went down. I sat down to watch the DVD w/ my girlfriend it was going great until the disc kept freezing. I tried two different dvd players plus my computer and it would freeze at a different spot everytime. Also, the audio/video are a little out sync. Can anyone give me any suggestions to fix?

For the audio/video sync problem, you might try opening the project in Womble again (you did save it after you made all the changes, right?) but rebooting right before you do and not opening ANY programs (close what opens on its own), then re-export the entire project. It will likely be slightly better in sync if you don't have other things going. Cut out the preview option too.

As far as the other thing, I can't say I'm knowledgeable. You might try playing the files first in something like PowerDVD to make sure the problem isn't with the VOBs themselves.

Well, of course I deleted the filed after burning them disk becuase I was foolishly sure that the entire disc was ok becuase I tested it out for 10 min. Wow, I mucked this one up badly.

so it is back to the drawing board :)
After I took a look at the image quality this is probably anyway what you want to do. Give us the Jurassic Park that we all want to watch :)

vmancini said:
Well, of course I deleted the filed after burning them disk becuase I was foolishly sure that the entire disc was ok becuase I tested it out for 10 min. Wow, I mucked this one up badly.

i dont believe you wanted to do that! :( still its a lesson you only have to learn once :) i still have ALL my project files saved on my hdd. bottom line is never delete until you and at least two or three other people are satisfied.

Alright, I'm back in the saddle again! Now, let me get started on the right foot. I'm guessing that the first step can still be to rip using DVDFAB. I think I might have gone wrong after that because of the program I used to get from VOB/IFO to MPEG. Can anyone suggest a good one?

Back
Top Bottom