• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

File preparation for editing

Duke Serkol

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In my previous thread (re-titled to be about subtitle editing), I mentioned my uncertainty about how I went about to set up the files I would then work with: namely, re-authoring a DVD with DVD Shrink.
Doing this gave me five separate vob files and though I'd selected two audio tracks and two sets of subtitles for inclusion, when I loaded these vob files in Premiere it only seemed to find one audio track.

So I'd really like to know guys, what do you believe is the best way to get a movie, several audio tracks and several subtitle sets from a DVD? What programs would you reccomend?

And while on the issue... does anyone know why Premiere apparently can't find the second audio track in those vob files? (It is there, I checked with Power DVD player).

Thanks in advance :)

Shrink don't do seperate audio tracks and subtitles they way you are thinking it should. What it can do if you don't want to work with all those seperate Vob's, is combine them all to one big Vob in the DVD Shrink preferences. Under the output files tab, uncheck the split the Vob's into 1GB chunks. I recommend DVD Decrypter for the actual seperation of the files you want or some other program like DVDFab!

Back
Top Bottom