• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

FEOTM Sept 2013 Tie-Breaker Poll

September 2013 FEOTM Tie-Breaker Poll

• Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - Beyond The Game 2.0 by Galactus, MoveAlong and ThrowgnCpr

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Star Wars: Episode I - Return of the Sith: Revisited Edition by Seciors

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .
looks like we might have to settle for hugs and kumbaya ;)

One more day to vote! If it's another tie we'll do an Academy + Admin + Mods private vote.

Why not award them joint first? They are obviously both well-liked movies and deserving of the win....
It's our first photo finish!

I kind of agree that if it ends up tied after this round, why can't we allow a tie, especially since this is now called the "favorite" edit of the month - using the academy/admins/mods to choose a winner makes less sense now, to me at least.

If this is supposed to reflect what the whole community liked best this month, then I think it seems reasonable that we should allow a tie after a runoff still produces a tie.

Note - I would be expressing this opinion even if I wasn't involved with the current situation.

dangermouse said:
Why not award them joint first? They are obviously both well-liked movies and deserving of the win....

I agree. :)

I kind of agree with the fellas above. I feel weird at all even saying anything about decisions since I am part of the poll, but if the community seems to equally like two edits, then sure, they should each share a bit of the spotlight. Anyway, that's all you'll hear from me. I'm very honored that folks seem to be genuinely enjoying our project.

I just also wanted to add that I too am very honored by the community's reaction to my edit, and that's all I'll say as well. :)

I just want to say my vote is for sale.

That's not a bad idea, I like the idea of a joint winner. Will discuss with the council if necessary.

Rogue-theX said:
Can I win a joint?

9537242c7066a537260c0464a21477bed7697be5a0d72cecf50517694afaea38.jpg

allowing ties is a bad precedent. in the future, if 2 movies are tied going into closing days, there is now disincentive to vote. the movie you want to win will already win, but if you vote to break a tie, you are now a jerk for not allowing the other movie to also win.

also people will be more likely to vote to create a tie. if your favorite movie is winning and another good movie is behind by a vote, you can safely vote to create a tie and not worry about costing the leading movie the win, they both win.

... slippery slope ... this doesn't have to devolve to 6 year olds playing soccer where everyone gets a trophy because we're all winners.

How about a three way tie?
Four way?
Everyone is special.

Uh-oh, someone ruined the good feelings...

Thanks for all the input guys. Looks like we won't have to cross the tie bridge just yet.

Congratulations [MENTION=9560]seciors[/MENTION]!

Thanks so much everyone! This award, for me, represents a confirmation of a journey I started almost 3 years ago when I first joined FE. I started out not very involved in the community, but over time grew both as an editor and as a member of this fine community. So thank you all again, not just for the award, but more importantly for making me feel part of something special.

And thank you ThrowgnCpr for your graciousness - you and your co-editors MoveAlong and Galactus obviously made an edit that was very well received too.

Finally, I want to recognize all the other editors who had edits this month, as every edit requires an immense amount of work, skill, and attention to detail. So kudos to Siebener, TM2YC, tomahawk, [MENTION=4689]ThrowgnCpr[/MENTION], MoveAlong, and Galactus. All of you are great editors, so keep up the great work! :)

Congrats seciors :). Whatever the outcome had been, Star Wars fans have been the winners this month!

Back
Top Bottom