• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

FatherMerrin's Debut Album - Album Artist Needed!

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi Guys,
Recently I haven't been able to contribute to the forum as much as I would of liked, but I do have a good reason... I'm recording my debut album this month! :whoo:

I'm not signed or anything like that so I'm funding it myself, but I'm still pretty excited about the whole thing.

Music wise everything is groovy but one slight issue is the album artwork. I want the album cover to be both modern and have a classic feel (Contradictory I know, but that's the story of my life I'm afraid!) so I've decided to have my portrait done in the style of Chuck Close's Self Portrait from 1967-1968. I've attached the picture below so you can see what I mean. It's actually a detailed acrylic canvas painting of a photograph and I think it's got that "something" about it. So the idea is to get someone to paint me in this style with my face being the front cover and the back of my head the back cover.

As I know there are a lot of arty people on our forum I thought it would be a good idea to ask if any of you guys can paint like this or if you know anyone who is capable of creating such a portrait?

Big-Self-Portrait-1967-1968-Chuck-Close.jpg

You could create something similar from a well done photograph (not actually painting from scratch, but with a few effects, and some minor painting). I would be willing to help out a bit with this. Do you have the photographs of yourself ready?

Way to go dude!! keep us updated :)

ThrowgnCpr said:
You could create something similar from a well done photograph (not actually painting from scratch, but with a few effects, and some minor painting). I would be willing to help out a bit with this. Do you have the photographs of yourself ready?

Thanks ThrowgnCpr, that's probably a more realistic option than asking some artist to paint one from scratch. I'll PM you an old picture I had taken years ago so you can have a crack at that to see how it turns out.

nOmArch said:
Way to go dude!! keep us updated :)

Cheers nOmArch, will do. It's all a bit stressful at the moment but I've got my fingers crossed it'll all go ok. I've actually already got my logo sorted and I think it's gonna look kinda cool on the Vinyl.

vinyl.jpg

ThrowgnCpr said:

I don't have any pics taken yet, gonna get all that sorted after the album is made. Here's a link to an old photo taken a while back so if you wanna have a crack at Photoshoping that to see how it comes out then let me know.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8079/dsc0017zx.jpg

Here's the first music video I made for the song "Get Up" off my new album.

Nicely done. Congrats on the recording. I've always loved going into the studio to record.

Nice one John. I'm liking your above song.

Is it me, or does the pic you posted look like a thin 70's Nick Frost? ;-)

hey John, you ever get the cover art sorted out? I stated a PSD project a while back, but got sidetracked with work. can jump back in if you still need something.

I'm glad that you guys liked the vid, it took me 2 weeks to make and I've got another 2 vids to go :?

Now that you mention it white, yeah that guy does look like Nick Frost! But it's not though, the dude is called Chuck Close and he's an amazing portrait artist. You should see the actual size of the pic I posted, it's about 10 foot by 10 foot. Hence it looking so real when it's reduced.

I haven't got round to the artwork yet Throw. At the moment I'm trying to find a bassist and lead guitarist to join my band, so that's taking up most of my time at the moment. So much so I've started another thread just about it in a desperate hope that one of you guys may know someone. :-o

Back
Top Bottom