• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Far and Away: 30th Anniversary Extended Cut

And I thought I was the only one, too šŸ˜….

It is a wonderful movie, but in my opinion it was severely "chopped" in the editing room. And I agree with Murikamir, the Land Race is breathtaking together with the music of John Williams. The scene reminds of the one from the movie "Cimarron", as a curiosity the man on the "bicycle" is on both movies.

I am very interested on watching this extended cut.

For anyone interested:

During the big screen showing, I noticed one tiny mistake in the audio track. Stephenā€™s line ā€œweā€™ve come for your prisoner, Mr. Christieā€ was moved later for the theatrical cut. With the addition of the scene outside the house with Stephen speaking to Mr. Christie, the line no longer makes sense to hear again as Stephen arrives in the foyer. Iā€™ve checked my broadcast source, and the duplicate instance of the line was indeed removed. Iā€™ve corrected this error, so if anyone would like either a new link for the complete edit or a link for just the corrected audio that you can remux on your end, let me know and Iā€™ll make that available.

Iā€™ve just recorded a commentary for this edit. I can make it available if there is interest. If anyone wants this track, just shoot me a message.

I have made an extremely limited run of ten posters for the 30th Anniversary. If anyone is interested in one, please send me a DM.

Please send me a private message if youā€™re interested in the edit. We donā€™t ask how to get edits in the forums.

Croweyes1121, I sent you a private message over at Original Trilogy. I am hoping you are still around, and responding, and hopefully doing well!

Thatā€™s amazing! Iā€™m so glad you got to see your scenes again after all this time!

Could I please get an admin / mod to update the cover art for this edit on the IFDB listing? The link for the poster I want to use is correct, but Iā€™ve resubmitted the listing multiple times but the art has not changed to the proper poster.

You should probably have your preferred poster as the first thing people see on the original post on this thread. Where exactly is this poster that you want to use?

You should probably have your preferred poster as the first thing people see on the original post on this thread. Where exactly is this poster that you want to use?
In the gallery, same place as I uploaded my Kill Bill edit poster. I created the original FAA listing (and this thread) before this poster was completed, so Iā€™ve been attempting to revise the IFDB entry ever since, but the poster never gets changed. I posted a detailed YouTube video showing the poster (see above); Iā€™ve hardly hidden the thing. But if thatā€™s not enoughā€¦hereā€™s the gallery link:

Last edited:
I give up. It says you must have permission to view. You may want to go into your folder and remove your privacy settings.

I give up. It says you must have permission to view. You may want to go into your folder and remove your privacy settings.
I think the folder is viewable now. If not, you can still watch the YouTube video. Iā€™ll be happy to shoot you a link to the edit tomorrow.

I love it! I placed it properly at the beginning of this thread.

If you are going to drop excellent edits at this forum, you should consider being more active here. You may have some expertise that could help others who don't. We can discuss that further via pm. šŸ˜‰

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom