• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fanedit goals 2022?

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Malthus's thread about wanting to do some editing work every day this year got me thinking about what my editing goals for 2022 might be.

Having thought about it, I think I want to spend the year on a bit of a clearout. I have a bunch of projects that are most of the way to being complete, so I want to get them over the line and into a released state. The easily achieved ones are my Unsane edit (just need to finish some subtitle prep) and the Fanmix part of my Disturbing Behaviour double feature. Once that is out of the way, I'd like to dive back into my Dagon edit (which at this point will need to be completely restarted) and then complete my Nosferatu Non-Silent Film HD preservation.

Once I have cleared those projects off my backlog, I'd like to start doing trailers and short proof-of-concepts for some ideas that I don't think would necessarily be feasible as a feature-length project. But that will be the reward for finishing some of my existing projects...

What about the rest of you? What are your fanediting goals for 2022?

I have many experiments/unannounced projects stacking up that I'd like to make some calls on, finish or abandon and clear some space. I don't have enough time to make a very regular commitment to editing, but I do want to try and focus on getting some specific stuff out. Certainly, I want my Thing from 1951 edit finished within the next few months (max)...

I've had a year that's taught me that life is short and once the years are gone they're gone, so I would like to work on being more selective with my projects and diving into the ones I maybe have neglected out of fear of them being too challenging, but are probably the ones I'm most passionate about. Leave the ones I can die happy not doing to the bottom of the list, tackle the "you're crazy! It can't be done!" edits first. That's my new years resolution for "hobby time". I often get the itch to leave the safety of fan-fix behind and hack away at some crazy fan-mix ideas...

Things I'd like to complete during 2022
Q1: Super 8 Things, 007 Series v2 & Finale, Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country Special HD Home Video Version
Q2: The Matrix Series
Q3: Star Trek TNG Season 8
Q4: Mission: Impossible - Chimera

That gives me 3 months to accomplish quarterly goals.

Malthus's thread about wanting to do some editing work every day this year got me thinking about what my editing goals for 2022 might be.

I'm really glad my thread gave you pause to consider your own output. Good luck, I'm certain 2022 is going to be a bright year for this community!

Finish some of the grindhouse projects I've started recently.

1. Watch Josstice League and Zack Snyder's Justice League back-to-back
  2. Take notes on what to do with both films
  3. Rip the discs using my Blu-ray external drive
  4. Convert MKV files to .mp4 using ffmpeg
  5. Download and install Adobe Premiere
  6. Prepare my first official edit!
  7. Submit to the Academy for review
  8. Leave the forums and never look back 😜

I would like to open my timeline and make some progress.

Any goal beyond that is asking for a lot.

I would like to open my timeline and make some progress.

Any goal beyond that is asking for a lot.
I certainly hope you plan on finishing the final installment of your ridiculously long awaited trilogy. I could be a great grandfather by then. 😆

I just want to finish an edit. After releasing my first edit in the last quarter of 2020, I've jumped around between a million projects and didn't finish anything last year. I really want to just allow myself to focus on one and see it to completion.

Well, this will be as close as I'll get to doing New Years Resolutions :ROFLMAO:

• My main FIRST goal of the year is updating all my edits to 5.1 audio. (And subtitles for any outstanding edits.)

• I would also like to try and review and, more importantly, approve at least two new editors this year. Try it pay it forward.

• MAYBE get some ACTUAL progress on my Transformers edit. (I feel like all my other projects are just avoidances of that one.)

I still plan on leaving afterwards, by the way.
I don't mean this insensitvely, but I don't understand the intention of you posting this. What is the desired interpretation/outcome of this statement? Feel free to PM me the answer as we've already devoted a rather lengthy discussion to this point and I don't want to derail this thread either.

I don't mean this insensitvely, but I don't understand the intention of you posting this. What is the desired interpretation/outcome of this statement? Feel free to PM me the answer as we've already devoted a rather lengthy discussion to this point and I don't want to derail this thread either.
Maybe I will.

Back
Top Bottom