• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fan Edit Of The Year (FEOTY) 2022: Call for Nominations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say there is a difference between stating an obvious fact and being unnecessarily harsh.

Saying "whatever, [See] won't win anyway" is rude to @spence and his edit. You could say instead "the rule doesn't make sense to me but that's ok, I plan to vote for UGS." Something like that still gets across that you don't think See will win (or that it should even be nominated) without insulting someone's work.

Last edited:
I don't believe @Gieferg meant it quite that way. At least based on my experience of knowing him and his interactions. He just doesn't have a filter sometimes. 😁

I don't believe @Gieferg meant it quite that way. At least based on my experience of knowing him and his interactions. He just doesn't have a filter sometimes. 😁
I can totally believe that, just saying how it seemed to me from an outside perspective :) I'm sure he's cool, we've also chatted, and I've said plenty of stuff that people didn't like too haha

I can totally believe that, just saying how it seemed to me from an outside perspective :) I'm sure he's cool, we've also chatted, and I've said plenty of stuff that people didn't like too haha
Oh, yeah...he's really cool. Get to know him one on one.

Saying "whatever, [See] won't win anyway" is rude to Spence and his edit.

Apparently, we have different definitions of "rude". There was not a single bad word about Spence or his edit, I just think that edit that doesnt fit into a category, will not win. What's a problem with that, seriously?

You could say instead "the rule doesn't make sense to me but that's ok, I plan to vote for UGS."

Well I won't vote for UGS because I dont really like the idea of same person winning again year after year with an edit of the same movies they won last time. In fact there is a chance I will not vote at all.

Last edited:
Apparently, we have different definitions of "rude".
That's ok, everyone has their own standards, I get that. I try to follow the basic rule "if three people call you a horse, time to buy a saddle." It's helpful for me to check myself when I need it :)

You're a horse? I thought you were a zombie. It is a very good practice to check yourself every now and then. I will improve...

You're a horse? I thought you were a zombie. We are so far off topic...
Zombie-Horse.png

Lmao absolutely true, way off topic, but this thread is basically dead at this point anyways (just like my poor horse)

The way I see it, nowadays people have very strange standards for some things. Everyone being offended by literally everything is one of the problems of today's world, especially in internet because I dont really see that around me and I can speak openly with most of my friends without any issues. Not sure if this is different mentality between nationalities or what, but it seems way more apparent in english speaking places. Ok, EOT from me, but feel free to ask via PM if anyone needs further clarification.

Last edited:
Two more

Best Combination Fanedit

The Last Skywalker Awakens by @bbghost

Best Fanedit by A New Faneditor

The Last Skywalker Awakens by @bbghost

So many great fanedits by so many great faneditors, it feels like being a kid in a candy store.
Thank you! It's been humbling to be in the presence of so many dedicated and thoughtful artisans, even if I don't have as much time to spend on here as I'd like. Happy voting!

Since Nominations are closed and each category has a thread of its own, I will close this thread. Please post any questions / comments / congratulations in the respective threads. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom