• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fan Edit Of The Year (FEOTY) 2022: Call for Nominations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FEOTY2022-banner-in-IFDB-nominations.jpg

Welcome to the 2022 edition of the "Oscars of the Fanedits"! Here is where we show our appreciation for those fanedits that positively stand out.

The annual FEOTY has multiple categories, different from the monthly FEOTM which is one category. These awards are more than a round of applause to the winning editors, they confirm a level of quality that helps us now and in future to evaluate which fanedits we choose to watch. Go, watch, enjoy, and vote!

How to Submit Fanedits for FEOTY 2022

Approved Faneditors may submit entries for FEOTY categories. Post your submission(s) in this thread or PM me. You may not submit yourself or your own work. If any category receives fewer than 3 or more than 12 entries, FE Moderators will consider which, if any, fanedits get added or removed before voting starts.
To make searching through 2022 edits easier, a complete list of 2022 edits, with links, is in the next post. Note that New Editors have a "*" in front of their name.

The twelve categories for FEOTY are:
a) "Fan Edit Of The Year". This is the big one! All FEOTM winners are automatically entered into this category.
b) "Best TV to Movie Edit".
c) "Best Movie to TV Edit".
d) "Best Extended Edition".
e) "Best Short Of The Year".
f) "Best Combination Fanedit".
g) "Best Fan Edit by a New Editor".
h) "Best New Fan Editor Of The Year".
i) "Fan Editor Of The Year". Because FE is a community, winners in this category tend to be not only technically outstanding editors, but active and helpful in the forums.
j) "Best Cover Art Of The Year".
k) "Best Trailer Of The Year".
l) "Paradigm Award". An award for the fanedit that best shows the power and possibilities of fanediting. That makes you go "Wow, I hadn't realized you could do that / make that work."

Nominate.png

Voting Rules

1) Active FE forum members may vote when they have been registered for more than one month before Nominations open today and have a minimum of 5 posts. FE's software doesn't remove ineligible voters from the poll, this is done by FE moderators, so poll results may appear different from the official score. Before you vote, please ensure you meet the criteria!

2) You may vote once in every category. You may not vote for yourself or your own work.

3) FEOTY nominations are open until 30 November. After that the voting polls will run for one month.

4) In case of a tie, the winner will be the edit that got the most nominations for entry. In case of FEOTMs that are automatically entered, the number of votes as FEOTM count as nominations.

5) Good sportsmanship:
a) In the event of vote manipulation, such as soliciting votes or voting for yourself, the entry will be disqualified.
b) When in doubt, follow the rules for FEOTM. If still in doubt, reach out to Staff or post your question in this thread.

oscar-6e631aee2b734c3384d60d45cfa1f719.jpg

Last edited:
For category a) "Fan Edit Of The Year 2022", the candidates are:

Godzilla: King of the Monsters - The Dramatic Cut by Inightmares
FEOTM-jan2022-837x390-1.jpg

Joker: The Multiple Choice Recut by Heavisyde
Feb-2022-FEOTM-banner-837x390-1.jpg

Unbreakable Glass Split by Wraith
FEOTM-mar2022-837x390-1.jpg

Moonraker: An Unloved Season by PoorAndin
feotm-april2022-banner.png

Star Wars Episode IX: The Final Order
feotm-banner-may2022.png

Batman Forever: Red Book Edition - The 15th Anniversary Enhanced Edition by Inightmares & Scaperat
feotm-june2022.jpg

Halloween: The Doctor's Cut by Jnisch
feotm-banner-july2022.png

Paranoia (A Truman Show Fanedit) by Paulisdead 2221
feotm-banner-aug2022.png

Wolverine: The James Mangold Restoration, The by Silver Screen Samurai & Wakeupkeo
feotm-banner-sept2022.png

H8teful: Reconstructed Hateful 8 Roadshow Version Ex.Q.T.V.O. by Wraith
feotm_banner_oct2022.png

Falcon and the Winter Soldier: The Spence Edit, The by Spence
FEOTM-nov2022-banner-837x390-1.jpg

Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan Redux - Fan VFX Replacement Showcase by Wraith
Dec-2022-FEOTM-837x390-1.jpg

Now post or PM your entries for the other categories!
b) "Best TV to Movie Edit".
c) "Best Movie to TV Edit".
d) "Best Extended Edition".
e) "Best Short Of The Year".
f) "Best Combination Fanedit".
g) "Best Fan Edit by a New Editor".
h) "Best New Fan Editor Of The Year".
i) "Fan Editor Of The Year". Because FE is a community, winners in this category tend to be not only technically outstanding editors, but active and helpful in the forums.
j) "Best Cover Art Of The Year".
k) "Best Trailer Of The Year".
l) "Paradigm Award". An award for the fanedit that best shows the power and possibilities of fanediting. That makes you go "Wow, I hadn't realized you could do that / make that work."

Now post or PM your entries for the other categories!

As far as I remember there were usually also fanedit of the year category nominations, as it was not only for FEOTM winners.

@Gieferg , the FEOTM winners are automatically nominated for Fanedit of the Year, but you can nominate other fanedits too. Just so long as we don't end up with everyone nominating every edit for that category because that's unworkable.

@catferoze , I haven't completed that list (copying all titles, hyperlinking them, and sorting them by editor is all manual work: our website doesn't have an export option for this kind of list). In the mean time, to see all the 2022 fanedits you can select Trending on the IFDB page and sort be Latest Fanedits. December 2022 starts on page 6, going back in time to the beginning of January 2022 on page 10. If you scroll through those five pages, you'll see them all. They just won't be sorted by faneditor because they'll be chronological. I hope that helps enough. ;)

Great work Lapis Molari! Thank you for setting this up :)

I don't know if this is helpful at all, but if someone has access to the back end, SQL database controls can export database entries meeting certain criteria, so you could potentially use such exported entries to assist in creating your list.

Yes, thanks for putting in all the hard work to keep this going šŸ™ Looks great. Goodluck everyone. Lots of great edits from 2022 from a lot of cool people.

Thank you for putting this together!

In terms of Best New Editor, is there an easy way to know when someone submitted their first edit? I know there's an alphabetical list of editors but would I need to click through everyone's submissions for the year one at a time to see who submitted what when?

Oh also is a Combination edit something that was made from two "completely unrelated" movies/shows or can it be combining a movie with its sequel, or what? I feel like turning two TV seasons into a movie could fit this, or Movie-to-TV if it's a movie trilogy that gets mixed together?

In terms of Best New Editor, is there an easy way to know when someone submitted their first edit? I know there's an alphabetical list of editors but would I need to click through everyone's submissions for the year one at a time to see who submitted what when?
One method would be to go to The News section and note all editors whom submitted edits each month of the year 2022. That's what I'm going to need to do. šŸ˜

Here are all of the edits released in 2022. While it doesn't list first time editors, it can at least show who release edits and you can quickly click on editor names and see if they have multiple edits releasedor edits pre 2022.

Here are the 38 eligible First-Time Fan Editors for 2022, based on the link above from @DigModiFicaTion
I chose not to include any qualifiers (how many edits they made, if they won FEOTM, etc.) to keep it unbiased.
That way people can vote for the Fan Editor who is "not only technically outstanding... but active and helpful in the forums."

asterixsmeagolFran GarciaMisterCooperRogueVader1996
bbghostfRiEnDNinja-TrixScottCrane
BodrickGibichungNOTFLIXSilver Screen Samurai
CeroholyalamoOlivusPrimeSiUse
DantangoINIGHTMARESParanoidAndroidtferg93
DonkeyKongaINLUCENTPaxtnThePotatoParadox
DsqrDStudioJJPotterPhase3TheSpiedSniper
EyepainterJnischPoorAndinZilla Magilla
FlywheeljackJulien JosselinRay Danger
Forbidden Marvelskrausfadrrecordwrangler95

Hope that helps!

Edit: added PoorAndin, and I'm double-checking my list now!

Last edited:
I haven't completed that list... In the mean time, to see all the 2022 fanedits you can select Trending on the IFDB page and sort be Latest Fanedits. December 2022 starts on page 6, going back in time to the beginning of January 2022 on page 10. If you scroll through those five pages, you'll see them all...
These links were a Godsend. Thank you kindly.

And thanks @JasonFlippy for providing a list of new editors for 2022.

I'd like to give a special nod to BBGHOST, DONKEYKONGA, EYEPAINTER, JJPOTTER, JNISCH, NINJA-TRIX, PHASE3, THEPOTATOPARADOX, and THESPIEDSNIPER. I worked alongside them with at least one of their edits, many their first edit for IFDB. Some I helped more than others. But all these editors have been great to work with. Thanks to them and Godspeed on future edits and awards šŸ™

I'd like to thank @SeaCom and @Wakeupkeo for our time and work together. I loved working with Seacom on his MST3K edits, and with Wakeupkeo on his Blade Runner edit. These will be eligable next year but I worked with them this current year. Next year they will get more shoutouts.

I'd like to give a special thanks to @ArtisDead as well as @futon88, @spence and @Wraith Working alongside them has been empowering. We have had some struggle but everything I have learned from them has helped me and benefited me, which I can pass along to benefit others.

I'd like to remind everyone how hilarious this Titanic edit was by @Julien Josselin.

I'd like to let you also know that @Wraith 's edit of A Star is Born will be sure to leave you stunned.

I'd like to point out my runner-up for Best Fan Edit of 2022, which is @PaulisDead2221 's fanedit Paranoia

Now that that is out of the way, my nominations for 2022:

I would like to nominate "The Thing: The Musical aka Escape from the Shining Alien Thing from Beyond the Stars" by @blueyoda for "Fan Edit of the year 2022"

I would like to nominate @spence for his edit of Falcon and The Winter Soldier for "Best TV to Movie Edit of 2022"

I would like to nominate @MisterCooper for his edit of Hunger Games The Mini Series for "Best Movie to TV Edit of 2022"

I would like to nominate @Wraith for his edit of The Alamo Roadshow Version for "Best Extended Edition Edit of 2022"

I would like to nominate Animation Consecution for "Best Short of 2022"

I would like to nominate @spence for his edit of See for "Best Combination Fanedit of 2022"

I would like to nominate @TheSpiedSniper and his edit of Superman for "Best Fan Edit by a New Editor in 2022"

I would like to nominate @Phase3 for "Best New Fan Editor of the Year 2022"

I would like to nominate @Wraith for "Fan Editor of the Year 2022"

I would like to nominate @ArtisDead for "Best Cover Art Of The Year 2022" for his work on Halloween: The Doctor's Cut with @Jnisch

I would like to nominate @PoorAndin 's trailer for Moonraker for "Best Trailer of 2022"

I would like to nominate @Gieferg for his fanedit Star Beast for "Paradigm Award of 2022"

Lastly, I'd like to point out that I am a new faneditor this year as well. And lastly I'd like to point out my Short: DEPTH, which can be watched on YouTube. I did a lot of work on making it and writing the backstory for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom