• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fan Edit Of The Year (FEOTY) 2022: and the WINNERS are...!

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
UPDATED to correct Best Editor and Best Cover.

award-banner-FEOTY-2022.jpg

Welcome to the 2022 edition of the "Oscars of the Fanedits"!

Fanediting is a growing field: you created 228 fanedits on FE.org in 2022, a HUGE increase from 129 fanedits in 2021 and 149 in 2020. Incredible!

Thank you to all faneditors for giving us new ways of looking at familiar pictures, for providing inspiration, and for standing up to show that your opinion is equally valid and sometimes even better than the original!

We celebrate those fanedits that positively stand out across twelve categories. These awards are more than a round of applause to the winning editors, they confirm a level of quality that helps us now and in future to evaluate which fanedits we choose to watch. Go, watch, enjoy, and be inspired!

giphy.gif

The winners and runners-up of the 2022 FEOTY include two fanedits that tower over all others, with four categories each!

Unbreakable Glass Split, by Wraith
Winner: FAN EDIT OF THE YEAR
Winner: BEST COMBINATION
Winner: PARADIGM AWARD
Runner-up: BEST TRAILER
ugs-front-73-1646598639.jpg

The Thing: The Musical aka Escape from the Shining Alien Thing from Beyond the Stars, by Blueyoda
Winner: BEST TRAILER
Runner-up: FAN EDIT OF THE YEAR
Runner-up: BEST COMBINATION
Runner-up: PARADIGM AWARD
thingmusical-front-11-1656250114.jpg

Dune, The Alternative Edition Redux, by Spicediver
Winner: EXTENDED EDITION
Winner: BEST COVER
dunealt1080-front-35-1657474056.jpg

The Stand Trilogy - The Spence Edit, by Spence
Winner: BEST MOVIE TO TV EDIT
Runner-up: BEST COVER
standspences-front-18-1642954999.jpg

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: The Spence Edit, by Spence
Winner: BEST TV TO MOVIE EDIT
wintersoldierspence-front-27-1668457727.jpg

Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull: The Race with the Devil Cut by DonkeyKonga
Winner: BEST FANEDIT BY A NEW EDITOR
indianadevil-front-66-1702626833.jpg

Anakin & Padme's Honeymoon on Naboo, by PoorAndin
Winner: BEST SHORT
aotchoneymoon-front-2-1651940583.jpg

The Extended Godfather, by Wraith
Runner-up: EXTENDED EDITION
godfatherex-front-85-1667746937.jpg

Marvel The TV Series: Season 1, by Notflix
Runner-up: BEST MOVIE TO TV EDIT
marvelseason1-2-1671962726.jpg

Ash vs Army of Darkness, by tferg93
Runner-up: BEST TV TO MOVIE EDIT
ashvsarmy-front-51-1657298513.jpg

Godzilla King of the Monsters - The Dramatic Cut by inightmares
Runner-up: BEST FANEDIT BY A NEW EDITOR
godzilladramatic-front-11-1643663878.jpg

Depth, by inightmares
Runner-up: BEST SHORT
depth-front-81-1671961306.jpg

articles-film-editing-w.jpg

Last but by no means least, we celebrate the Faneditors who stood out for their contributions. Both for their own edits and in helping other faneditors improve theirs.

BEST NEW FANEDITOR
Winner: DonkeyKonga
Runner-up: krausfadr

BEST FANEDITOR
Winner: Wraith
Runners-up: krausfadr, Spence, TM2YC (a 3-way tie!)

giphy.gif

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WINNERS, RUNNERS-UP, AND NOMINEES! Your fanedits excel in your storytelling, technical ability, and talent to re-imagine familiar stories.

Last edited:

Fanediting is a growing field: you created 228 fanedits on FE.org in 2022, a HUGE increase from 129 fanedits in 2021 and 149 in 2020. Incredible!

Thank you to all faneditors for giving us new ways of looking at familiar pictures, for providing inspiration, and for standing up to show that your opinion is equally valid and sometimes even better than the original!

We celebrate those fanedits that positively stand out across twelve categories. These awards are more than a round of applause to the winning editors, they confirm a level of quality that helps us now and in future to evaluate which fanedits we choose to watch. Go, watch, enjoy, and be inspired!

giphy.gif

The winners and runners-up of the 2022 FEOTY include two fanedits that tower over all others, with four categories each!

The Thing: The Musical aka Escape from the Shining Alien Thing from Beyond the Stars, by Blueyoda

Winner: BEST COVER (cover by ArtisDead, fanedit by Spicediver)

Runner-up: BEST COVER (cover by ArtisDead, fanedit by Spicediver)

Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull: The Race with the Devil Cut by DonkeyKonga

Depth, by inightmares

Last but by no means least, we celebrate the Faneditors who stood out for their contributions. Both for their own edits and in helping other faneditors improve theirs.

BEST NEW FANEDITOR

BEST FANEDITOR
Winner: ArtisDead
Runner-up: Wraith

giphy.gif

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WINNERS, RUNNERS-UP, AND NOMINEES! Your fanedits excel in your storytelling, technical ability, and talent to re-imagine familiar stories.
Better than the real thing! Congrats to all.

Huge huge congratulations to everyone! I loved every one of these edits that I saw and they deserve all the awards they get, and congratulations to all the other nominees! To be nominated in a sea of hundreds of edits is no small feat. A big personal thank you to the specially-recognized editors

Winner: Faneditor of the Year
Wr.png

@Wraith

Runners-Up: Fan Editor of the Year
Three-Way Tie!
214.jpg
Kr.jpg
14940.jpg

@spence, @krausfadr, @TM2YC

Winner: Best New Faneditor
DK.jpg

@DonkeyKonga

Runner-Up: Best New Faneditor
Kr.jpg

@krausfadr

who are such a great part of this site, and I'm very much looking forward to all the amazing chats, threads, and editing work in the future. And of course thanks to @lapis molari for the hard work, and to all the mods for making it a really fun and engaging forum :)

Last edited:
Well done everyone on another year of great edits. Can't wait to continue this tradition into future years with you all!🙏

O

giphy.gif

Winner: BEST COVER (cover by ArtisDead, fanedit by Spicediver)

Runner-up: BEST COVER (cover by ArtisDead, fanedit by Spicediver)

Depth, by inightmares

BEST NEW FANEDITOR

BEST FANEDITOR
Winner: ArtisDead
Runner-up: Wraith

giphy.gif

Oh my, thank you and ofcourse huge congratulations to all!
You are all 100% winners and legends, and make this hobby and website a better place. <3

Last edited:
My thanks to @lapis molari and all the staff for their diligent, engaging commitment to this growing art form…

228 edits in 12 months… astonishing! To you all my thanks for your work and those that continue to inspire me… and you do!

My thanks to all of you who participated as viewers, editors and voters. You all make this place special.

And to all of the fellow winners and nominees… wow! Your creativity and passion are boundless.
Congratulations to you all!

Congratulations @Wraith . You did a ton of hard work on tons of your own edits, tons of editing work for RAC, tons of work helping me, you've done a lot. You made so many great edits and improved several older ones in the back catalog. This win is deserved no matter how hard situations have been lately. I sound all mopey sometimes like this but I mean the best for people, and people comprise this site. and those people love to do the same shit I do. So keep rocking on Wraith. I know you have been doing this stuff for a long, long time.

Anyways, congrats on a much deserved win mate! 🙏

I'm just seeing this post for the first time. Thank you all for the recognition!

However, I'm a little concerned that The Stand Trilogy won best Movie-to-TV edit, as it's not really that. It was longer series that I turned into a 3-part miniseries. Does this need to be revised?

Back
Top Bottom