• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

False God

Sin Pausa

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

False God by Sin Pausa. (my username on most networks)

In 2018, before the Snyder Cut's announcement, I was among the fans that were pushing WB to ReleaseTheSnyderCut. but for a moment I had a "crisis of faith".
Feeling that we were left with a BvS movie that never got its true sequel, it inspired me to look at BvS and how it could be rearranged so that it closes the door to a JL movie but leaves it open for the Wonder Woman (2017) 'self-contained' solo movie. But also, while I'm a big fan of Mr. Snyder, even the BvS extended cut had some issues I felt I could eliminate or at least reduce.

I took a look at 'Batman v Superman: No Justice' by @reeseevans which I did enjoy and gave me some ideas for my own edit. but my main issue with No Justice was that like I mentioned, I wanted to leave the door open for Wonder Woman and reeseevans removed her from his film.

So, I started to work on this, my first fan edit in 2018. and while today the Snyder Cut exists and connects and answers most of the plot threads from BvS, sadly WB has choosen not to give us a JL2 movie, again leaving us with an incomplete story.
Which makes me feel like there still a place for my edit, which I'd like to propose as the middle chapter in an "alternate" DCEU trilogy: MOS > BvS > WW.
Allow me to explain:

BvS was be supposed to be the bridge for Superman and his role as earth's mightiest hero:

Mos: Clark Kent discovering himself.
BvS: the world discovering Superman.
JL: The world accepting Superman and Clark taking his place as it's protector.

But again, the story that Snyder was telling never got a conclusion as planned; JL 2017 not feeling like part of the previous 2 movies and ZSJL 2021 leaving too many doors open.

Therefore, my intention was to turn BvS into a dramatic conclusion of Clark's hero journey, where his sacrifice will inspire Diana to "return to the light" and take his place as earth's protector as she does by the end of WW 2017.

Beyond making it a conclusion for Superman and removing the JL elements, there were other changes I wanted to make, small alterations that I consider would benefit the film.
Before proceeding with the any changes, I followed 2 parameters:
  • Keep Snyder's style as is, unlike other fan edits that try insert "Donner or Burton era" elements and such.
  • Try to elevate the positive elements in the film and diminish elements that I felt were negative.
With that said, the big changes were:
  • Removing the connections to Apokolips, the Knightmare and other JL heroes with the exception of WW.
  • As a result, the movie is mostly focused on the clash between Bruce, Clark and their ideals.
and one I had to work a lot on:
  • modify around 75% of Lex Luthor’s scenes and his delivery, because although I'd say many of his lines sound interesting on paper, I feel Jesse Eisenberg's interpretation does not match the material.
There are a few smaller changes throughout the film like inclusion of the IMAX scenes, use of some extra MOS soundtrack and a couple of scenes being relocated…but those would be the most important ones.

With all the changes made the edit has a 2 hours and 45 minutes running time.

15 minutes longer than the theatrical cut but keeping all the scenes that were plot relevant from the extended cut while removing the JL/DCEU connections.

This is currently version 28 of my edit, and while I think it's good in its current state, surely, I could make changes and improvements based on this community's feedback.

I would love to eventually submit my edit; I believe it's a different enough experience (as either a fanfix or fanmix)

Please contact me to share the edit with you!
Thank you to @DominicCobb for guiding me through my first steps in the forums, it's been a while, but I'm finally here!

this being my first edit, I tried my best to export on the best sound and image quality, but particularly I had issues keeping the file's size small without the image getting too compressed/pixelated.
the current link I have to the edit is on the smaller side, but I have a bigger file with better image quality.

Last edited:
Great job on your thread! Very informative. I love love love that poster with "false god" scribbled on it. Very cool. I think edit is right up @Wakeupkeo's alley. 😁
Thank you!
I asked artist Adam Cockerton permission to use his BvS poster for my edit.
Before the recently officially released “SnyderVerse Trilogy” poster that also features the statue, this one by Adam was the one I found most attractive, of many similar art pieces I found on the web.

I’ll expand the info a bit more; I plan to rewatch it myself soon and make a detailed list of every single change that was made. (Had an old list but the doc was accidentally erased)

And sure! If @Wakeupkeo is interested, I’d love to share it with him!

Excellent of you to have asked permission from the artist, and double excellent to credit him when it's complimented. Many don't bother crediting their cover art sources, I respect when one does.
Thanks! For me there wasn’t an alternative, Adam is a great artist and deserved the attention for his alternate poster. ✌🏼

I’ll go with Art’s version, thank you.

Last edited:
Oh… I didn’t know Art made one!
I’ve tried checking out the gallery or find other places where that green one might be… have can’t seem to find it…:(

I suppose I’ll go with Art’s version!
Will do.

False God by Sin Pausa. (my username on most networks)

In 2018, before the Snyder Cut's announcement, I was among the fans that were pushing WB to ReleaseTheSnyderCut. but for a moment I had a "crisis of faith".
Feeling that we were left with a BvS movie that never got its true sequel, it inspired me to look at BvS and how it could be rearranged so that it closes the door to a JL movie but leaves it open for the Wonder Woman (2017) 'self-contained' solo movie. But also, while I'm a big fan of Mr. Snyder, even the BvS extended cut had some issues I felt I could eliminate or at least reduce.

I took a look at 'Batman v Superman: No Justice' by @reeseevans which I did enjoy and gave me some ideas for my own edit. but my main issue with No Justice was that like I mentioned, I wanted to leave the door open for Wonder Woman and reeseevans removed her from his film.

So, I started to work on this, my first fan edit in 2018. and while today the Snyder Cut exists and connects and answers most of the plot threads from BvS, sadly WB has choosen not to give us a JL2 movie, again leaving us with an incomplete story.
Which makes me feel like there still a place for my edit, which I'd like to propose as the middle chapter in an "alternate" DCEU trilogy: MOS > BvS > WW.
Allow me to explain:

BvS was be supposed to be the bridge for Superman and his role as earth's mightiest hero:

Mos: Clark Kent discovering himself.
BvS: the world discovering Superman.
JL: The world accepting Superman and Clark taking his place as it's protector.

But again, the story that Snyder was telling never got a conclusion as planned; JL 2017 not feeling like part of the previous 2 movies and ZSJL 2021 leaving too many doors open.

Therefore, my intention was to turn BvS into a dramatic conclusion of Clark's hero journey, where his sacrifice will inspire Diana to "return to the light" and take his place as earth's protector as she does by the end of WW 2017.

Beyond making it a conclusion for Superman and removing the JL elements, there were other changes I wanted to make, small alterations that I consider would benefit the film.
Before proceeding with the any changes, I followed 2 parameters:
  • Keep Snyder's style as is, unlike other fan edits that try insert "Donner or Burton era" elements and such.
  • Try to elevate the positive elements in the film and diminish elements that I felt were negative.
With that said, the big changes were:
  • Removing the connections to Apokolips, the Knightmare and other JL heroes with the exception of WW.
  • As a result, the movie is mostly focused on the clash between Bruce, Clark and their ideals.
and one I had to work a lot on:
  • modify around 75% of Lex Luthor’s scenes and his delivery, because although I'd say many of his lines sound interesting on paper, I feel Jesse Eisenberg's interpretation does not match the material.
There are a few smaller changes throughout the film like inclusion of the IMAX scenes, use of some extra MOS soundtrack and a couple of scenes being relocated…but those would be the most important ones.

With all the changes made the edit has a 2 hours and 45 minutes running time.

15 minutes longer than the theatrical cut but keeping all the scenes that were plot relevant from the extended cut while removing the JL/DCEU connections.

This is currently version 28 of my edit, and while I think it's good in its current state, surely, I could make changes and improvements based on this community's feedback.

I would love to eventually submit my edit; I believe it's a different enough experience (as either a fanfix or fanmix)

Please contact me to share the edit with you!
Thank you to @DominicCobb for guiding me through my first steps in the forums, it's been a while, but I'm finally here!
Here’s a list of all the significant changes made to the film:
  • IMAX Waynes intro.
  • Jack call is interrupted.
  • Shorter Lex ad lib at basketball court.
  • Lex doesn’t feed the candy to senator.
  • Less Lex ad libs-sounds while meeting senator Finch ( no red capes)
  • Bruce arrives to event, no Clark being surprised by Wayne.
  • less awkward Lex speech at event.
  • Bit less awkward Lex interrupting Bruce and Clark.
  • No Knightmare-Flash
  • Clark does not go to the mountains abandoning the city after explosion.
  • Lex and Lois rooftop talk is bit shorter.
  • Less Lex ad libs while discussing with Clark on rooftop.
  • Diana only sees her picture on the email.
  • IMAX Batman vs Superman fight
  • Batman doesn’t “humanize” Clark mentioning his parents during fight.
  • Slightly altered “Martha” moment.
  • Lois does not throw the spear in that flooded room. It “falls” there after an explosion during Doomsday fight.
  • Batman doesn’t kill the attackers outside the warehouse.
  • No Steppenwolf
  • IMAX funeral
  • No mention of other metahumans after funeral.
  • Altered “hopeful” ending sequence.
  • Aftercredits scene, Batman visits Lex in prison.

Last edited:
Well this sounds amazing!

I have watched many fan edits of BVS over the years but none has quite hit the spot with me, usually because too much is changed and the original aspect ratio is not maintained. This edit looks to rectify those issues whilst providing some much needed trims in certain areas of contention.

Very interested in watching, once complete.

Well this sounds amazing!

I have watched many fan edits of BVS over the years but none has quite hit the spot with me, usually because too much is changed and the original aspect ratio is not maintained. This edit looks to rectify those issues whilst providing some much needed trims in certain areas of contention.

Very interested in watching, once complete.
Thanks for checking my thread!
Indeed, I wanted to make sure that after all the changes, the movie still felt like a Snyder film.
Even the regrade, is minimal, to enhance a bit the vibrancy of the colors, but not affect the contrast or brightness of the original.

The IMAX scenes come from an old HBO presentation that had them at full screen. I can enjoy the 4:3 version that was recently released, but I believe this “middle point” between the 3 versions is the optimal option.

And… the changes made; without drastically changing the nature of the original; they should hopefully elevate the positives and decrease the negative aspects.

Thank you Art!!!! 🫶🏼

There would be no trailer and no “official” name for the edit without your guidance, suggestions and patience!
For me it’s been a very long time since I started this edit.
And It’s really satisfying to know it’s finally “out” and hopefully people will find it and enjoy the tweaks and adjustments I made.

Again thank you Art.
And thanks to @INIGHTMARES for taking the time to review it and sharing your finds, that lead to important corrections to the files!
Thanks guys! ❤️

Congratulations on your edit! As someone who just released their own BVS edit, I'd love to see yours and compare how we respectively approached it!

Thank you Joseph!!!!
Congrats on yours as well!

I’ll be sending you a message, so we can share our edits!

Back
Top Bottom