• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fall of the Jedi (Episode 3)

It actually was tweaked quite a bit. The original footage was this weird sickly green color if memory serves.

I mean I like it, but it kind of looks greay and bleh right now. Then again it is like 3 seconds of footage and doesnt really matter.

I downloaded your take on the trilogy and really enjoyed it. What are people's thoughts on this vs L8wrtr's take? Whats the biggest difference?

forthepeople said:
I downloaded your take on the trilogy and really enjoyed it. What are people's thoughts on this vs L8wrtr's take? Whats the biggest difference?

The biggest difference is that Q2's trilogy attempts to "preserve the secret" for those who watch the saga from I to VI for the first time, while L8's doesn't try that. Both trilogies are excellent IMO, so favoring one over the other will be more a matter of personal taste than actual quality. I tend to give the edge to L8's, but there are things I like better in his, and things I like better in Q2's.

forthepeople said:

Thank you. I'm happy you enjoyed it.

Dwight Fry did a pretty good job of summing up the big difference: mine are designed so you can watch Ep 1 - 6 without having key reveals in the OT ruined by the PT. The other big change was cutting the R2 and 3PO as much as possible, and by not having them named. I wanted them to be generic droids rather than the same ones in the OT.

It's been several years since I've watched this, and upon watching it with fresh eyes I realize that I made the mistake of cutting two parts. Between landing in the hanger and going to General Grievous the pacing was too fast, so I've gone back and added the elevator scene (though edited quite a bit) and I added back in Anakin saying "What have I done?" after helping kill Mace Windu. It felt weird this time without the line.

Version 2
- reinstated additional footage of Obi-Wan and Anakin in the hanger
- reorganized General Grievous's scenes a bit to help with flow 
- reinstated Anakin saying "What have I done?"

Back
Top Bottom