• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Escape From L.A.:Waves of The Future

Dawnrazor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Update: 2023 Planned release in April
A lot of ideas and changes passed this project and it Will not be black/white and neither grindhouse.
Visually it will be a little darker in tone and synthwave/darkwave music will be added by Karl Casey, Carpenter Brut, Perturbator and some classic John Carpenter/Alan Howarth tunes.

Note: The full Edit is remade during 2023
(Clips are out of date)

I have some plans for a Escape from LA edit in Black/white.
I just think it looks better and I want it to get a older feeling/vibe to it.
It will be rescored with various John Carpenter tracks including Escape from NY.Halloween III,The Fog and maybe some tracks from his Lost Themes albums.

A special thanks to @Bobson Dugnutt for providing me the upscaled deleted scenes of the robbery scene (Escape from NY).
My plan is to include the robbery scene in the beginning of the Edit.

And here's my idea for the start of the edit (13min)

I have changed my mind and will do a Grindhouse Cut instead.
I will still do some rescoring for some scenes and use the robbery scene from EFNY (Thanks @Bobson Dugnutt )
Still want the older gritty look and I think Grindhouse is the way to go with this.

Here's a small sample (rescored and added sounds)

Last edited:
And some new shots added to the Earthquake

Is this still an ideas thread? It looks like an active project.

Is this still an ideas thread? It looks like an active project.

I have a lot of ideas and I like to show the ideas!
But if you could move my Twin Peaks:Red Rock West Edit to inactive (The Edit is finished)
And then move this Edit to in the works,I guess that would be more correct.
(One of my Edits is still in pending approval)

This is the new intro!
added some stills of Snake and the Escape from New York theme.

Since this isn't an official ITW, I don't know how much feedback you want, but my two cents..

Love the feel/tone/music/look.
the credits are inconsistent, some reach what looks like maybe 80% opacity, others reach 100%
the cross-fade 2:20 disappears and becomes a jump-cut. I know it's a grindhouse thing, but that would be excessively slopping.

But in the big picture, really dig it.

Since this isn't an official ITW, I don't know how much feedback you want, but my two cents..

Love the feel/tone/music/look.
the credits are inconsistent, some reach what looks like maybe 80% opacity, others reach 100%
the cross-fade 2:20 disappears and becomes a jump-cut. I know it's a grindhouse thing, but that would be excessively slopping.

But in the big picture, really dig it.

Thanks@L8wrtr
All feedback is Welcome!
This is just a rough test,but I think you’re right about the credits and the jump cut.
But then again souldn’t a Grindhouse Cut be a little sloppy in places?

Sloppy? Well, to a degree.. but that's usually more in the quality of effects, cutting corners etc.. I could maybe see the jump-cut at the transition being a sloppy editing bit, but the titles I think would be consistent. Again, just my 2 cents. Grindhouse does give you some leeway, but it should be more for intentional effect :)

The streets of L.A.
a longer clip than the first I posted.

added the Duke arrives (EFNY soundtrack) and fx gunshots.thunder,car,and street noice

^^ I'm finding the start of your clip a bit confusing. The added gunshots are currently very loud and don't sound or look like they are synced with anything going on. Are they meant to be bullets coming out of Snake's gun? Because no fire is coming visibly, and the people in cars appear to be firing single shots rather than in bursts. I can't hear your other FX, unfortunately. To me it just sounds like the soundtrack and the gunshots.

^^ I'm finding the start of your clip a bit confusing. The added gunshots are currently very loud and don't sound or look like they are synced with anything going on. Are they meant to be bullets coming out of Snake's gun? Because no fire is coming visibly, and the people in cars appear to be firing single shots rather than in bursts. I can't hear your other FX, unfortunately. To me it just sounds like the soundtrack and the gunshots.

Thanks!
Hmmmm I might have to change the levels then.
I hear everything in my headphones.
Might have to trim the shots also
No snake is not the shooter

^^ I am viewing on a laptop currently, just so you know. Watching again I can hear a bit of thunder and the car drive by at one point. I think maybe the main issue is that the gunshots are very loud and out of sync. They also sound like they are in a dead room, and not like they are being shot outside. The car is a very hushed sound considering it's a close quarters high-speed chase.

^^ I am viewing on a laptop currently, just so you know. Watching again I can hear a bit of thunder and the car drive by at one point. I think maybe the main issue is that the gunshots are very loud and out of sync. They also sound like they are in a dead room, and not like they are being shot outside. The car is a very hushed sound considering it's a close quarters high-speed chase.

Thanks Scribb!
Yes the shots should be lower and more distant
Sounding.
And I may need to get a faster car to more make it fit better.
Thanks for your input!

A new try for some fx work and rescore
the scene is now longer and I have added another track (not a John Carpenter track but very Similar) when Snake heads for sunset boulevard.
feedback is always welcome!
there's always things to improve.

Last edited:
A second test song for the intro (Karl Casey)
either go for this one or the original Escape from new york theme.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom