• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Error with Color Correcting on Adobe 2 Strip?

JosephDQuinn

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Before anyone comments about their preferred software, I'm not looking for alternatives. I know some will tell me the problem is simply that I'm using Adobe and I should just switch to DaVinci Resolve or another software. I would prefer not to do that as I've been editing on Adobe Premiere for over a decade and I've never encountered this issue before.

I'm curious if anyone else has noticed or had this problem recently. I first noticed this back in December, it appears to happen on any adjustments of the whites, blacks or contrast when using Lumetri Color (2 Strip) and any other Lumetri Presets. I usually use 2 Strip as it allows me to control many various aspects of the image, and I've never had a problem with it. In fact, I have made zero changes to the video or colors at all since a previous export (pictured below), but the image now has this weird masking/highlight issue that wasn't there before. It goes away if I remove any adjustments to the blacks/whites/contrast. It does not go away upon rendering or exporting.

It's definitely an issue with Premiere, as it's effected multiple projects that I've been working on, including raw video files I've shot for my own films. I haven't changed any of my program settings in a long time. This error just popped up one day and hasn't been fixed in any updates. I also haven't found anyone else talking about this online.

6LUTAcQ.png

In the mean time, I've found ways to work around it through use of RGB color wheels and more intricate color correction tools. But I'm still wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue?

Last edited:
I know you don't want to have alternatives suggested to you but this is only kind of an alternative. If you have Adobe CC subscription you can open the main CC app and install multiple versions of the other apps. You could dual install your current version of Premiere and the most recent version that featured wasn't bugged out. You might have to look at their release schedule to find out what version specifically to go back to (that shouldn't be a big deal because you remember when the bug started). If your RGB color wheel workaround is just as good then you don't need to bother, but if this feature is important to you, there is probably a way to get it working again until Adobe fixes it for real.

Little update on this: Adobe finally did an update that fixed the extreme lighting issues! Unfortunately there is a new issue where an error warning about missing frames will pop up. It doesn't happen as often, nor are the frames actually missing... so it's more just an annoyance that the error message will pop up on screen. It goes away if I reset the program.

Back
Top Bottom