• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

DVDlab aspect ratio messed up for little clips

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i've created some little 3-4 second clips to go inbetween my menus for my ST Extended edit which are already in 16:9 (basically i just ripped the clips straight from the main 16:9 movie mpeg) but when i import them into dvdlab they are always encoded in 4:3, in fact they look 4:3 as soon as you drop one onto a blank menu. is there a simple way to fix this?

i've tried messing around with the .avs settings (ala ADM's MPEG Tutorial) but have got no where.

this is the last thing that needs to be fixed before i finalise the project.

I'm not familiar with DVDlab yet (I've yet to play with it)... but maybe it's a setting? Maybe "export to 4:3" as opposed to 16:9 is selected?

yes, there is a setting to go for 16:9 menu or 4:3 menu.
DVD LAB PRO does for menus not care, what the original video is like.

i've found the global setting for changing menu aspects (VTS Properties) wheres the one for changing specific menus within the same VTS?

I think there is only a global setting.

okey dokey i can live with that :) thanks again for your extremely quick help boon!

EDIT: Menus now look flipping ace!!!

anytime... my pleasure.

Back
Top Bottom