• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Dune - Theatrical Deluxe

English subtitles for this excellent Dune edit are now available.
PM @"15MaF" or myself for them if you have this edit without subs.

It's safe to say that this Deluxe Edition of Dune will be my new preferred way to experience the film from now on. After watching this edit, I attempted to watch the blu-ray and I just couldn't do it. I am thoroughly convinced that this is how this fantastic film should look and sound. I don't think I've ever sat through the TV version (apparently Dune doesn't play on TV much here in the U.S.) and I honestly don't plan on it after seeing this. This edit is enough for me.

It's a 10/10 from me.

I watched this a while back but I'm only now getting round to writing up my thoughts on ifdb:

David Lynch's 'Dune' has always been one of my favourite movies. I unreservedly love the theatrical cut but spicediver's 'Alternative Edition Redux' was a wonderful experience too but it's nearly a decade old and in SD. I feel some extended versions of 'Dune' unbalance the pacing because most of the new footage is from certain sections, plus some of the visual quality of the bonus scenes are rough. spicediver's cut had these problems to some extent but it was such an overall classy job, that I didn't mind too much.

So I was excited about 15MaF's new HD cut, which doesn't put all the available footage back in. I'm happy to report it's everything I hoped for, extending the film by 19 minutes but without spoiling the dreamlike pace of the original. It all looks and sounds fantastic, looking like a professionally released and finished version of the movie. 10/10 across the board. I'd seriously consider watching this version over all others in the future. Thanks so much 15MaF! and thanks to David Lynch for making the movie (even if he doesn't like it).

Everybody should check this out, whether they disliked the theatrical cut, or if they loved the theatrical cut.

TM2YC said:
I watched this a while back but I'm only now getting round to writing up my thoughts on ifdb:
David Lynch's 'Dune' has always been one of my favourite movies. I unreservedly love the theatrical cut but spicediver's 'Alternative Edition Redux' was a wonderful experience too but it's nearly a decade old and in SD. I feel some extended versions of 'Dune' unbalance the pacing because most of the new footage is from certain sections, plus some of the visual quality of the bonus scenes are rough. spicediver's cut had these problems to some extent but it was such an overall classy job, that I didn't mind too much.

So I was excited about 15MaF's new HD cut, which doesn't put all the available footage back in. I'm happy to report it's everything I hoped for, extending the film by 19 minutes but without spoiling the dreamlike pace of the original. It all looks and sounds fantastic, looking like a professionally released and finished version of the movie. 10/10 across the board. I'd seriously consider watching this version over all others in the future. Thanks so much 15MaF! and thanks to David Lynch for making the movie (even if he doesn't like it).

Everybody should check this out, whether they disliked the theatrical cut, or if they loved the theatrical cut.

Many thanks for your kind words TM2YC. I'm chuffed that you enjoyed it as much as you did. Very nice to hear.

And I totally agree - Lynch's feelings on the matter don't affect any appreciation for his initial efforts. Similar to Fincher's Alien 3 production nightmare, the experience was ultimately a little too traumatic to enjoy even reflectively. Yet there is so much creative investment seeping out of both films that can still be revelled in.

Cheers,
15MaF

kidjupiter92 said:
It's safe to say that this Deluxe Edition of Dune will be my new preferred way to experience the film from now on. After watching this edit, I attempted to watch the blu-ray and I just couldn't do it. I am thoroughly convinced that this is how this fantastic film should look and sound. I don't think I've ever sat through the TV version (apparently Dune doesn't play on TV much here in the U.S.) and I honestly don't plan on it after seeing this. This edit is enough for me.

It's a 10/10 from me.

Thanks very much kidjupiter92. I'm sorry I hadn't spotted your comment before - I don't get tied up in the review section, but I do like to respond to the thread. It's ace that you enjoyed it to that degree. It's well worth the effort when folks appreciate it. All the best.

Cheers,
15MaF

Back
Top Bottom