• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Dune: Kwisatz Haderach - Part 1

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

• Original Movie Title: Dune [Part One] (2021)
  • Genre: Sci-Fi
  • Franchise: Dune
  • Fanedit Type: FanFix
  • Original Release Date: 2021
  • Original Running Time: 155 mins
  • Fanedit Release Date: March 2024
  • Fanedit Running Time: 133 mins
  • Time Cut: 22 mins
  • Time Added: N/A
  • Available in HD? Yes

Overview: With Dunemania sweeping the world right now by way of Dune: Part Two's release, in which I was able to participate via AMC Fans First Premiere in IMAX five days before general release, I decided to finish a project I had been working on on and off since 2022. Dune: Kwisatz Haderach - Part One is the first of a two part project, and is an experimental cut that explores how much of the film can be cut without turning into a muddled, non-cohesive mess. Cutting twenty-two minutes of footage, I was able to create a shorter, hopefully still satisfying cut of Dune: Part One clocking in at two hours and thirteen minutes.

I am proud to present Dune: Kwisatz Haderach - Part One.

Changes:

• 00:00:00:00: Added fanedit disclaimer.
  • 00:00:07:21: Added Dark Netflix style fanedit.org logo.
  • 00:00:13:15: Added my faneditor logo.
  • 00:01:06:01: Chani's introduction is cut. This was done to make Chani even more mysterious, remove her brief narration, and allow any newcomers to meet Chani when Paul does.
  • 00:04:38:15: The scene where Duke Leto accepts Arrakis as his fief has been removed. It's a wonderfully shot scene and looks absolutely gorgeous, but it's a scene that can be easily tossed for time.
  • 00:07:14:02: The scene between Duke Leto and Paul has been removed for time. It's a wonderful scene, but it's another scene that can be easily removed and nothing will be missed.
  • 00:11:54:19: 17 seconds worth of shots were removed to tighten up the pace of the Sisterhood arrival.
  • 00:12:38:06: The scene of Dr. Yueh checking Paul's vitals and warning him has been removed for pace tightening.
  • 00:29:49:03: The scene between Duke Leto and Gurney has been trimmed. There's great, insightful humor regarding Arrakis here but insignificant enough not to be missed in this instance.
  • 00:31:58:12: The sequence of the pilgrims and Paul seeing the palms has been removed. It's nearly two minutes of footage that could be removed without much impact to the overall story.
  • 00:34:37:10: The meeting between Baron Harkonnen, Pieter De Vries, and the Reverend Mother Mohiam has been removed. Not only was it removed for pacing, but to make the later Sardaukar/Harkonnen ambush a lightly foreshadowed surprise.
  • 00:40:41:06: The scene of Paul hanging out with Duncan, Gurney, and the other house soldiers has been removed for pacing.
  • 00:56:48:15: The scene on Salusa Secundus has been removed to help with keeping the ambush a surprise, and move things along pace-wise.
  • 01:09:05:09: I decided to cut Duncan Idaho's escape for pacing reasons and to keep his survival a surprise for newcomers watching the edit for the first time.
  • 01:13:03:10: The brief moment between Baron Harkonnen and Duke Leto has been removed for pacing.
  • 01:17:10:20: The back-to-back sequences of Duncan meeting up with Dr. Liet Kynes and Baron Harkonnen hiding on the ceiling has been removed to veil both characters' survival for newcomers.
  • 01:43:31:22: The scene of Paul and Lady Jessica changing into their stillsuits has been removed for pacing.
  • 01:56:58:18: Paul's vision of his death at Jamis' hands has been removed for pacing.

Source(s):

Region A Dune 4K Blu-ray Combo Pack:
The film was sourced from the blu-ray disc of this pack.
Dune (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer CD: Select tracks were taken from here for scene bridging purposes.

Please PM for download.

Back
Top Bottom