• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

dropping frames when vhs capping

NexPhr3ak0r

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am using ulead video capture (virtualdub crashes my machine). I was having hard drive problems causing every 800 of every 10000 frames to drop. Now I am with new hard drive but I am still experiencing dropped a couple dropped frames. Right now it captured over 50,000 frames and dropped 36 frames. Is this perfectly acceptable or is there something I can do to avoid dropped frames? I have shut down uneccessary processes in windows alread.

i tried scenalyzer and it will only cap from dv devices. I tried virtualdub vcr+ sync but the biggest it will cap is 320x240. I have tried capping through ulead again (at 720x480 with huffyuv compression) and now it only loses 28 frames out of over 50,000. Is it possible I can just fix this in editing by maybe copying a video frame here and there. technically ntsc is 29.97fps so I lost less than a second of video total.

I suppose you do not have a time base corrector or even a panasonic homedeck dvd recorder handy do you?

A tbc will rebuild your stream and fix any errors and eliminate your dropped frames issue.

the Pannydecks record like shit but have wonderful filters (sync insert) that work when using the machine as a pass through device. This would also eliminate any dropped frame or sync issue you may have

Back
Top Bottom