• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

"Dracula Daily"

I'm a little bit behind again (these last few days have had very long entries!), but I'm confused by the date on one letter.
So I was able to be pretty on it with the dates till recently, but now I'm behind by a week - there has been a lot to read in a short space of time which I've been too busy to keep on top of. I was behind in September but now I think I'm a few pages from being caught up to 1st October.

There is a note from Mitchell, Sons and Candy to Lord Godalming (Athur) dated 1 October, which seems to be in reply to Harker's visit on 2 October. Shouldn't it have been dated the morning of 3 October?

That does sound odd - is that on the email or a paper copy?

As I'm behind, I can't speak to that entry specifically, but I've been reading my Penguin Classics copy and using the emails as a reference; and I have noticed a couple of times where the dates differ. On one occasion I emailed Dracula Daily about it, and they acknowledged that there were some variances between certain editions. I read the introduction to my copy, and Penguin say that they have taken the liberty of tweaking a handful of dates where they deem stoker's time continuity to be in error. I think it's literally like 3 dates maybe? It's not impacted my reading schedule by much but I'm not on Oct 3rd just yet.

It's in my paper and Kindle copies and the email. I actually sent an email to the guy running the Substack and he agreeded that it was a mistake in the text! He said he'll probably move it for next year's emails with an editor's note.

^^ they recently published a print copy of Dracula Daily - so I guess the error would be there as well!

Happy Halloween are you guys keeping caught up? I was kind of hoping the finale would be set on the 31st, but it looks like we still have a week or so left to go.

Happy Halloween are you guys keeping caught up? I was kind of hoping the finale would be set on the 31st, but it looks like we still have a week or so left to go.

Further along than I was last time but still behind. So incredibly busy I just haven't been able to properly sit down and get in the zone to read - just too "wired" and unable to properly switch off. Least I've read in a long time. Got a hospital appointment today though so might be able to get some done while in the waiting room!

I'm managing to keep up! I too found it interesting that we are clearly approaching the climax but not on Halloween!

I was on track for so much of the journey but life has stalled me! Hopefully I can finish it soon, haha. Glad you guys enjoyed the ride. :) it's my second read and I've been enjoying it also.

Back
Top Bottom