• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Dollhouse

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anybody else watch Joss Whedons new show "Dollhouse" on Friday night? It was on after a suprisingly good episode of TSCC.

While I didnt anticipate much I thought it was better than I expected and the plot can allow for different single serving storylines each week with a continuing character arc for Echo.

Hey look its Helo from BSG and Miss Cross from Rushmore!

Parts were pretty lame though, the motorcycle chase whateverthefrakthatwas, the "sniper" who was standing 50 yards across the street in plain sight and the constant overselling of the hot chicks could be dialed down. but it could be good. not great but good.

I'll always give new sci-fi the benefit of the doubt.

I watched it. I thought it was pretty good and I liked how they limited the commercials so we could get more story. The motorcycle race thing was included because it was part of her previous mission, and also I guess to show her fun side before being shown her strict-no-nonsense-business side when the episode actually got underway and we got to see her on an actual mission. I didn't see the "constant overselling of the hot chicks" aspect you mentioned. We mainly only saw Echo, looking hot of course, except for that brief scene at the end when the mission is over and Echo is about to step into a community shower filled with other "dolls". All in all I thought it was a pretty good start and am looking forward to the next episode. I'd be interested in seeing the original unaired pilot though. I wonder, if the show doesn't get cancelled, if they'll include it on the DVD box set as an extra. Would be cool to see.

It just seemed like every scene began with a pan over eliza dushku's body and any other girls in the scenes. its not a big gripe (and they are attractive) but its unessesary to the story, just T&A for T&A's sake.

I understood the motorcycle chase but what I meant was it just looked stupid, like slower action sped up to look like they were really moving fast.

Overall these are minor complaints though. I'll watch the next episode though, mainly to see what was up with that murder scene at the end of the episode.

I watched it - as it was a new Joss Whedon.

Wasn't much of a first episode, but I'm reliably informed that it does improve from the next episode.

It does have all the old Whedon heavyweights, such as Tim Minear etc...so I'm hoping for good things.

Eliza Dushku is always a pleasure to watch.... :D

woot! Freds in it! thats me sold.

You might have heard Season 2 is starting to air next Friday, I thought we might talk about the show and why you should watch it. :p

But before that, let me tell you that the second part of Season 1 was pretty great. I'm saying this because alot of people didn't like the first 5 episodes and thought the rest of the season is just as bland. That's not the case. Trust me, once you get past those, the show becomes something really great.

Heheh, well I'm a fan, so I'd start the namedropping hoping more people would watch it. According to the Web, we'd be getting guess stars such as Terminator's Summer Glaw, Reaper's Ray Wise, Angel's Alexis Denisof, Battlestar's Michael Hogan (Saul Tigh) and Jamie Bamber (Lee Adama). Since Fox and Whedon don't get along that well, it seems he's just trying to put as much awesome in future Dollhouse episodes as he can, before getting canceled.

Dollhouse improved dramatically as it went along.

I'd heard that Jamie Bamber and Alexis Denisof were coming in - but where are you getting Summer Glau, Ray Wise and Michael Hogan?

I'm looking forward to it but I'm wondering if I'm going to be missing out on anything because I haven't seen the unaired episode that was included on the box set.

white43 said:
Dollhouse improved dramatically as it went along.

I'd heard that Jamie Bamber and Alexis Denisof were coming in - but where are you getting Summer Glau, Ray Wise and Michael Hogan?

I've heard about it on various sites the last few weeks. And umm... wikipedia. :p

Back
Top Bottom