• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Doctor Strange

When I saw the Stephen Strange reference in C.A. The Winter Soldier, I almost shat myself. Well done though :)

The visuals look interesting but Cumberbatch's American accent sounds a bit dodgy to me.

I've been jonesing for an inception sequel ;)
I'm not much for the MCU, but this visually looks intriguing.

TM2YC said:
The visuals look interesting but Cumberbatch's American accent sounds a bit dodgy to me.

To my ear it sounds okay, but not very New York at all.

Though to be fair, I don't remember if the character is actually from NY or just lives there.

thecuddlyninja said:
TM2YC said:
g but Cumberbatch's American accent sounds a bit dodgy to me.

To my ear it sounds okay

It's sounding just fine in this longer sketch...

...fortunately Jimmey Kimmel doesn't attempt to be funny and just leaves it up to Benedict. Very funny stuff and I'm looking forward to the film if this is how he's going to play the good Doctor.

^That's funny stuff. Kimmel is an underrated setup guy, in my opinion. The accent sounds good to me!

Yeah, it's not too shabby. There's still comedy in it, but no real comic relief character per say, which I appreciated. Made the funny moments that there were more natural, though I'd still get rid of one or two bits where they overdo it.

Wasn't that impressed with the villains. Alas it seems Zemo in Civil War was a fluke thus far.

Watched this the other day and it's really good.

If dropping acid is your bag, then I'd probably consume it in advance as the "trippy as f**k" visuals kick in almost as soon as the new Marvel title fades. The first trailer's FX shots might of been reminiscent of 'Inception' but don't worry this takes things far, far beyond that. The characters are doing what I can only describe as Wizard-Fu inside a kaleidoscope universe. I'm almost tempted to break my "I'm never watching a bloody 3D movie again :mad: " rule for this one and see it a second time, as the visuals have the potential to enhanced by the 3D format.

Yes as Zarius says, the main villain is decent but generic but here that's not a problem. I don't think the movie even bothers to explain who he is really, what his motivations are, or devote/waste any screen time into building him as a character. He's just there to threaten the universe as a back drop for the hero characters to battle the real villain... their "inner demons". Once Strange conquers those and becomes who is meant to be, his victory over evil is almost a formality.

btw, I'm almost sure I spotted the 2001 "stargate" FX sequence mixed in there somewhere during Strange's first trip to another dimension.

One not to be missed on the big screen.

TM2YC said:
Yes as Zarius says, the main villain is decent but generic but here that's not a problem. I don't think the movie even bothers to explain who he is really, what his motivations are, or devote/waste any screen time into building him as a character. 
Well, according to the movie's prequel comic, he feared the though of dying someday after his wife and children died, and this gave him the idea of negotiate with Dormammu in order to make everyone inmortal. Sadly, they didn't show this in the film.
Maybe one can use this backstory for a Fanedit.

I went to see it again and it's even better on the second watch.

It's not often that I see a modern blockbuster these days and not have any ideas for fanedits. Sure I might put back in deleted material if it's good but right now I can't think of a damn thing I'd change, or take away.

You definitely see the 2001 stargate sequence for a few frames just at the end of Strange's first trip (well 95% sure without the aide of freeze frame).

A couple of things I noticed this time...

- When Strange puts on the broken watch at the end, I was wondering if this isn't just an emotional totem but he could have literally infused it with magic to create his own magical relic with the power to break time (like the watch). It's mentioned earlier in the film that this is done to objects.

- I noticed that during the several montages, shots are placed out of continuity in time but linear in terms of narrative. At first I thought these were small errors but maybe it's the editor playing with time themselves. e.g. We see Strange having his hand bandages removed, then we see him talking about a new operation, then we see an operation but it's the operation to remove his finger splints which have already been removed before the bandage shot (there are other examples)... or these are just mistakes :D .

- I was struck with how good the villain was this time, in large part down to Mads Mikkelsen's performance no doubt. I was quite choked up when he was crying, you feel sorry for him. He's clearly been driven mad by grief.

btw, I'm loving the harpsichord instrumentation of Strange's theme. It's an unusual instrument for blockbuster scores...

I loved the movie, it was so fun! Just as good as the first Iron Man movie and the first Thor movie. Benedict Cumberbatch was awesome!

I was pleasantly surprised to like the Ancient One so much. She was so likeable, interesting and intriguing, and I got quite sad when she died. Mordo was a good character too, and I liked how his future villainy was set up. I was glad Rachel McAdams's character of the love interest wasn't the typical damsel in distress and instead was the other way around when she saved Strange. She was pretty interesting. The villain, Kaecilius, while as always generic was one of the better MCU villains. And Dormammu was also a generic planet-destroyer, but decent enough. But of course, "Dormammu, I've come to bargain!" So iconic! I'm very excited to see Doctor Strange in Thor: Ragnarok!

The soundtrack fits the scenes enough, not the best soundtrack I've heard though. But I love Doctor Strange's theme/leitmotif! The visuals are fantastic and leave you in awe!

A must-see in IMAX 3-D! 8/10

TM2YC said:
[font=Raleway, sans-serif]- I noticed that during the several montages, shots are placed out of continuity in time but linear in terms of narrative. At first I thought these were small errors but maybe it's the editor playing with time themselves. e.g. We see Strange having his hand bandages removed, then we see him talking about a new operation, then we see an operation but it's the operation to remove his finger splints which have already been removed before the bandage shot (there are other examples)... or these are just mistakes [/font]undefined[font=Raleway, sans-serif] .[/font]
I saw this differently.
I saw the finger splints being removed as the end of the second operation, so the second op was so dramatic that they were put in, and then removed again. But I have only seen the sequence once.
Btw, great film :).

Any Full Moon fans here? lol

Remember Doctor Mordrid?  I remember enjoying it for all its low budget cheesy glory.
Apparently this started out as a Dr. Strange movie until they lost the film rights.... 

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-BjMiezgxs[/video]

I might have to pick this up and see if it lives up to my to teenager memories.. lol

I didn’t know that, that’s interesting.  Maybe somebody can pick that up and try to edit it into “Doctor Strange - Master of the Unknown” haha ;)

Most impressive.  Only time I could make it to was a 3D showing, and was blown away.  Mind-melting visuals, very inventive stuff.  Cumberbatch was fantastic, as always.   I'd put it in the upper echelon of the MCU.  Not seeing much room for improvement as far as fan editing goes.  Maybe tone down a bit of The Ancient One's repetitions of "you are arrogant," but even then, I think it works well enough as-is.  On the other hand....

If there's a lot of behind the scenes footage, I think it'd be fun to have effect-free magic battles - implying that Strange and the others are indeed in a cult and have lost their minds.

Back
Top Bottom