• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Doctor Strange: Dark Dimensions

Finished the final render, looks pretty perfect to me, release is most likely imminent...

A look at the new colour grading

Watched this morning...

Crazy how cutting only a few minutes here have completely fixed the tonal and pacing issues of the film. Obviously there's more to it than that - you used some clever editing (both visually and aurally) to change the flow of many moments, and even after scrolling through your cutlist I never once actively thought "oh - that was edited". The colour grade is also amazing - makes the film look good even on my shitty second monitor.

This is gonna be my go-to way to watch the film now, but if you're still open to changing anything, there's two very minor things that I think would enhance this edit even further:
  • The "Wi-Fi password" joke
    • You seem to have cut out lots of humour similar to this one, so it stood out a little more to me
  • "It's true, she does draw power from the dark dimension"
    • This line has always just been a bit too on-the-nose for me, I think the battle would be stronger without it.
But, besides that, I enjoyed this film more than I ever have before - not to mention that new ending! Great work, can't wait to see more from you soon!

macmilln said:
Watched this morning...

Crazy how cutting only a few minutes here have completely fixed the tonal and pacing issues of the film. Obviously there's more to it than that - you used some clever editing (both visually and aurally) to change the flow of many moments, and even after scrolling through your cutlist I never once actively thought "oh - that was edited". The colour grade is also amazing - makes the film look good even on my shitty second monitor.

This is gonna be my go-to way to watch the film now, but if you're still open to changing anything, there's two very minor things that I think would enhance this edit even further:
  • The "Wi-Fi password" joke
    • You seem to have cut out lots of humour similar to this one, so it stood out a little more to me
  • "It's true, she does draw power from the dark dimension"
    • This line has always just been a bit too on-the-nose for me, I think the battle would be stronger without it.
But, besides that, I enjoyed this film more than I ever have before - not to mention that new ending! Great work, can't wait to see more from you soon!

Thank you for the kind words! 

On the topic of changing those 2 things, I did try to cut around the wi-fi joke, but it's hard to keep the moment after too with the watch. I was thinking that I could cut to a random establishing shot to show that Strange has been thinking or something in between Mordo telling him to meditate and him putting the watch on the windowsill, might have a look through some stock footage of Kathmandu or something. 

The 2nd cut can made a lot easier, so I can definitely do that. 

Thank you for the feedback!

Something like this, but with audio perhaps, or is it too sudden?

I think it works, maybe a little longer even. I understand it couldn't crossfade in, but crossfading out back onto Strange's face might make it work a little better.

I was wrong - way better without the crossfade. I think it's great, not only gets rid of an out-of-place joke, but fully shifts the tone to be a lot more contemplative.

I went back and made a new variant on that scene, using a shot from the deleted prologue of the courtyard at night, maybe better maybe worse, I have no clue

And also the very on-the-nose line "SHE"S DRAWING HER POWER FROM THE DARK DIMENSION" is now gone

I think the courtyard works better: flows with the music more, and greater aligns with the general tone as well. Love that you got rid of that line in the second clip, too.

Glad I could help! (doing the easy part and just pointing out the issues... ;) ) Looking forward to checking out the updated edit!

This looks more and more promising, I for one never cease to be amazed at how removing a line here or there can make such a positive difference.

The edit is now done! Final runtime is 1:48:30. The folder has been updated with the final cut, so if you have the link, it'll work all the same. Will be added to the IFDB as of Monday

Here's a compilation of some of the cut scenes

Bobson Dugnutt said:
The edit is now done! Final runtime is 1:48:30. The folder has been updated with the final cut, so if you have the link, it'll work all the same. Will be added to the IFDB as of Monday

Getting a 404 error on the link I have; pretty sure it was only the original rough draft though. Would love to check out the final product.

samgroov90 said:
Would love to check out the final product.

If you want to see an edit, please contact the editor through PM, not in the thread.

See our FAQ and Rules:)

Hello everyone! Can anyone, by any chance, pm me a link for this please? I have searched high and low and yes, I have also sent a pm to the editor both here and in Reddit, but to no avail. I have seen threads in reddit of other people searching for this as well, with no success. I really want to check this out, I'm a big fan of Doctor Strange and I was really dissapointed with all the unnecessary silly humor, so when I came across this edit it was a no brainer! I know this is not the place for asking, and I'm sorry, but I don't know what else to do..
Thank you in advance!!

After the recent Multiverse Of Madness trailer (which is an absolute banger), I've been hungering for more Doctor Strange content and I'm definitely curious to check out what you've done here. Always felt somewhat underwhelmed by the first movie bar the cool visuals. Wasting Mads Mikkelsen should be considered a cinematic sin.

Hello everyone! Can anyone, by any chance, pm me a link for this please? I have searched high and low and yes, I have also sent a pm to the editor both here and in Reddit, but to no avail. I have seen threads in reddit of other people searching for this as well, with no success. I really want to check this out, I'm a big fan of Doctor Strange and I was really dissapointed with all the unnecessary silly humor, so when I came across this edit it was a no brainer! I know this is not the place for asking, and I'm sorry, but I don't know what else to do..
Thank you in advance!!
Bobson can take a very long while to respond, but they will surely get back to you whenever possible. Just try to stay patient. 👍

Back
Top Bottom