• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Do you spend money on fanediting?

I would still use Gimp if I'd never used Photoshop before, but now I know I can never go back
I can't stand GIMP, I just find it alien and unusable compared to PS. FWIW a good cheap Photoshop substitute is Affinity Photo, currently about £50 on sale, one-off permanent purchase. In terms of look and feel and functionality it's a really good alternative, anyone used to PS should feel at home, it just doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Photoshop's advanced features. I tried it for a while because it's just not worth it for me to pay £20 p/month for Photoshop

Last edited by a moderator:
Subscription to Elevenlabs for A.I cloning, usually the films or shows I get these days are gifted to me on occasions such as Birthdays, anniversaries, and Christmas.

Yeah, quite lot of money really. Monthly sub to Adobe cloud for Premiere Pro, photoshop and after effects. Blu Rays, Music CD’s.. the biggest cost is my PC and network storage, which must be pushing 3K by now. Admittedly it’s not just for editing but editing did influence the cost upwards to the top spec of most components and of course lots of fast NVME storage. My workflow is very quick as a result though.

IMG-7489.jpg

I dress up as a stormtrooper and pass out Heavy Star Wars stickers at various fandom conventions. Comic con, anime con, movie cons, etc. I even gave Peter Mayhew a Heavy Star Wars sticker!

I am an artist, and spending money is part of the process. Art for art’s sake!

Last edited:
Mostly it's just buying movies or software or anything else I happen to need. Most recent investment was a UHD Drive for $200 AUD, only because my current drive had failed, and I may as well upgrade while I'm at it.

Sometimes its more expensive due to having to import titles from the US or UK, and now that Disney isn't selling any new titles in Australia, I'll have to start importing any new Marvel, Star Wars, Disney, or Fox films, I'll also have to get those imported at a cost.

Maybe not time but you can definitely buy energy if you don't mind a few felonies along the way

Back
Top Bottom