• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Diary of a madman (a very different version of Psycho 1998)

Dawnrazor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
<a href="https://ibb.co/ggvdHr4">DRDM2

Update 2024
A new title and a few song/music changes.

This film will have a total makeover.
My aim for this edit is to make it as different as possible and make it more of a mystery.

The pace will be a lot higher and the running time is approx 70min
I will remove the first part of the film and the edit will start with Marion on the run in her car.
We will later know why.

some of tracks I'm working on to add is
Don't fear the reaper-Blue Oyster cult
Every breath you take- The Police
Money- Pink Floyd
The Lady in red- Chris Deburgh (the shower scene)
Hotel California- Eagles
More than a feeling-Boston
Waiting for a girl like you-Foreigner

and the end credit song will be Norman Bates by Landscape
(this song is the reason/inspiration for the edit)

This first clip is the new intro with the classic Blue Oyster Cult song

Last edited:
Cutlist (work in progress)
(cut the first opening 21min)
*cut hotel scene
*cut office scene
*cut home packing scene
*cut drive of scene
*cut stopped by the police scene
*cut buying new car scene
*cut cleaning up after the shower scene
*cut dump the car scene
*cut interrogation scene and reveal scene (Robert Forster has no scenes in this edit)

Cutlist (work in progress)
(cut the first opening 21min)
*cut hotel scene
*cut office scene
*cut home packing scene
*cut drive of scene
*cut stopped by the police scene
*cut buying new car scene
*cut cleaning up after the shower scene
*cut dump the car scene
*cut interrogation scene and reveal scene (Robert Forster has no scenes in this edit)
Dawn??? What happened to this?

Aww shucks...Dawn. It was just a Itty bitty suggestion.

Snow White And The Seven Dwarves Dwarf GIF

And here is the classic shower scene in a different way!

Note: black bars to hide nudity, the final version will not have these.

Song: The lady in red by Chris de Burgh (1986)

I love Psycho. May be my favorite horror film. I was never impressed by the remake but I dig the creativity. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Sounds interesting

Thanks!
Yes,the remake is quite boring in my opinion.
That’s why I will try to make something different with it.
Make more like a 80’s slasher with a higher pace and put scenes in a different order.

Thanks!
Yes,the remake is quite boring in my opinion.
That’s why I will try to make something different with it.
Make more like a 80’s slasher with a higher pace and put scenes in a different order.
Yeah the more I think about it the more intrigued I get.

If you need a second set of eyes to give you some feedback on a scene, feel free to message me. I've been sending out a lot of short (10 min or less) clips lately and I've been trying to encourage more people to do the same. No pressure, no obligation, just throwing it out there so you know it's an option.

Yeah the more I think about it the more intrigued I get.

If you need a second set of eyes to give you some feedback on a scene, feel free to message me. I've been sending out a lot of short (10 min or less) clips lately and I've been trying to encourage more people to do the same. No pressure, no obligation, just throwing it out there so you know it's an option.

Thanks a lot👍
A second set of Eyes is always great!
And feedback as well.
I Will send you some clips soon!

And here is the classic shower scene in a different way!

Note: black bars to hide nudity, the final version will not have these.

Song: The lady in red by Chris de Burgh (1986)

That's just freaking genius! The Lady in Red alright. I've watched it three times now. This is on our Halloween watch list for sure. You have transformed this movie and you're not even done. Music makes all the difference sometimes.

I like your premise. it's interesting that you're using the 1998 remake. I agree it's a (intentionally?) boring remake. it's nice to give it a new life

That's just freaking genius! The Lady in Red alright. I've watched it three times now. This is on our Halloween watch list for sure. You have transformed this movie and you're not even done. Music makes all the difference sometimes.
Thank you Art!
Music can move mountains and make it way more interersting!
Looking forward to try out your song suggestions :love: (y)

Back
Top Bottom