• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Dialogue Separation (Vehicle Edition)

Pedantic Contrarian

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If this has been addressed in another technical post than sorry for the redundant postage of this thread (I'll check the original post if possible) But if not are there any Dialogue Separator options where you can remove the music and dialogue from a clip but keep the sound of the vehicle/vehicles in said clip? are there also dialogue separation options where you can remove the music but keep the dialogue and vehicle/vehicles sound in a clip?

If this has been addressed in another technical post than sorry for the redundant postage of this thread (I'll check the original post if possible) But if not are there any Dialogue Separator options where you can remove the music and dialogue from a clip but keep the sound of the vehicle/vehicles in said clip? are there also dialogue separation options where you can remove the music but keep the dialogue and vehicle/vehicles sound in a clip?
So far, I’ve found it hard to separate the music from the sound effects using AI. The voice is easy, but usually what remains is the music and SFX all together.

I’d be curious if anyone else has found a way to separate all 3 - voice, SFX and music.

Typically I just start over with the soundtrack music and similar sound effects, but I’d love if I could use the originals.

So far, I’ve found it hard to separate the music from the sound effects using AI. The voice is easy, but usually what remains is the music and SFX all together.

I’d be curious if anyone else has found a way to separate all 3 - voice, SFX and music.

Typically I just start over with the soundtrack music and similar sound effects, but I’d love if I could use the originals.
I've found Mvsep.com and Melodi.mi to be pretty good sites when it comes to separating dialogue, music and some effects around 80% of the time though it depends on what the original music source is like but I've found that doing separation on a Mono audio file yields better results than trying to separate a 5.1 Surround Sound audio file so if your editing software or NLE is able to change the audio type output that will definitely help a great deal of the time.

Otherwise when that fails and if it's a scene where characters aren't talking or making any kind of sound with their mouths or noses than I usually mute the scene and overlay it with new SFX of the things that are occupying said scene.

Last edited:
I've found Mvsep.com and Melodi.mi to be pretty good sites when it comes to separating dialogue, music and some effects around 80% of the time though it depends on what the original music source is like but I've found that doing separation on a Mono audio file yields better results than trying to separate a 5.1 Surround Sound audio file so if your editing software or NLE is able to change the audio type output that will definitely help a great deal of the time.

Otherwise when that fails and if it's a scene where characters aren't talking or making any kind of sound with their mouths or noses than I usually mute the scene and overlay it with new SFX of the things that are occupying said scene.
Thanks for the suggestion! I’m definitely going to try this out - I don’t mind when I have to use a music track from the soundtrack, but it’s hard to find sound effects that are as good as the ones in the movie - if this can salvage those that would be amazing!

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m definitely going to try this out - I don’t mind when I have to use a music track from the soundtrack, but it’s hard to find sound effects that are as good as the ones in the movie - if this can salvage those that would be amazing!
If you do need to find audio replacements there are some paid sites that offer free samples, like here: https://sfx.productioncrate.com/vehicles.html (make sure to un-check "Preview Pro Content" that's the paid stuff, on this site in particular with an account you get five free downloads a day), and if that and similar sites fail you there's always freesound.org.

https://mvsep.com/en/algorithms

The "BandIt Plus" algorithm is on MVSEP (free), which can be used to separate speech, music, effects onto three different tracks, so you could keep the effects (in your case, vehicle sounds) onto a single track free of dialogue and music.
You got me all excited! Finally -- I think to myself -- a model that can isolate sound effects...Surely, this will make my Reloaded 'edit a breeze. Alas...

Back
Top Bottom