• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

'Defenders: Cut to the Chaste' TV-to-Movie Edit

This sounds great. I'm worried the ending may feel too rushed, but other than that, I can't wait.

On the 4th rough cut now. Ironed out a lot of technical issues, made a few changes here and there. I've given it a watch end to end and not sure how I feel. Seems a bit baggy still. I believe further cuts have left this at around 179 minutes, so technically under 3 hours now haha.

Thought it was time to 'put-up or shut-up' and I love to ramble, so I've uploaded the first 6 minutes to a google drive for preview. I won't post the link but feel free to PM me if you want to check it out.

defenders.png

This is done, pending approval.

It shouldn't take more than a couple of months and doesn't require re-submission at any point. Once we start working with the editor we stay interactive unless they dont want to make the necessary changes. We watch the edit several ways. Also, we don't intentionally take forever. However, we are doing this at our own pace as it is a hobby for all of us. Yes, changes will almost always need to be made both technical and narrative.

You can help. Watch the previews that are being offered. State your opinions of what would improve the edit in your eyes. That makes it easier on the editor and the Academy Member reviewing the edit and can shorten the amount of time that it takes to approve the edit.

Remember, this is their baby, so be kind and respectful always. They don't always see the things that you or I will see.

Last edited:
Re: Approval times. The fan edit world is one that requires patience. No-one here is doing anything for a living. We're a niche within a niche, each edit is very personal and I'm grateful there is anyone willing to give their time to offer feedback. This is my first submission, so it's a bigger ask to have someone approve an unknown quantity. Hell, I made this thread in 2018 and didn't complete the edit until 4 years later.... and that is a pretty quick turn-around for me ha.

Now and in the future, fanedits will not take so long to be reviewed.

I consider this edit approved. It's an excellent 3 hour romp that feels like a movie with precision editing. Congratulations, @henzINNIT!

Thanks very much :) It feels great to have finished something after many years looking on.

I'm pleased that you are pleased. I really hope that it gets some love. It is a great, clean, no frills edit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom