• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Deadpool (2016)

I myself haven't seen The Dead Pool, or any of the Dirty Harry sequels (nor do I have any real interest in doing so apart from checking out the older SF locations), but if you haven't seen Dirty Harry, you really oughta. It's a good flick, and makes a great double-feature with Zodiac.

And yes, I believe the above picture was taken when Clint was 16. :p

I'm very excited for this. Looks like they really nailed the tone in my opinion.

This is a trailer for the trailer that has already been released but I think it's too funny not to share.

Excellent, if the whole movie has this tone, we're onto a winner and maybe, just maybe, Ryan Reynolds will finally be in a movie that doesn't suck balls. Love the "From the studio that..." bit :-D.

KobaKommander said:
This is a trailer for the trailer that has already been released but I think it's too funny not to share.

Is it just me, or does his voice sound a lot like Mark Hamill's Joker?

I cracked up over the 'from the studio that inexplicably sewed his fucking mouth up the first time' part. Honestly getting more and more impatient waiting for the movie.

I'll admit I like the trailer, but I hope they adapt the fact that he knows he's a fictional character and starts recognizing actors, playing around with editing, etc. I would love it if the climax of the movie is that one of the actors quit because Ryan Reynolds harassed someone, and the world of the movie starts going through the apocalypse.

Christmas Day and the 2nd RedBand is here...!

I watched last night's episode of the 'Graham Norton' chatshow with Ryan Reynolds on. He let slip that 'Deadpool' is going to be pre-censored to get a 15Cert and not a full-strength 18Cert in the UK :mad:. I bloody knew they'd chickened-out when at only 12 days 'til release it's still shown as "Certificate To Be Confirmed", when cinemas have been running 18Cert trailers for it for weeks (That feature stuff that would never be in a 15Cert film). The marketing's clear tactic has been to decieve the potential audience for as long as they could get away with.

Well that's the movie ruined. F*ck Marvel, f*ck Fox and f*ck this movie *.

* Who am I kidding... I'm going to go see this movie anyway :-D.

TM2YC said:
I watched last night's episode of the 'Graham Norton' chatshow with Ryan Reynolds on. He let slip that 'Deadpool' is going to be pre-censored to get a 15Cert and not a full-strength 18Cert in the UK :mad:. I bloody knew they'd chickened-out when at only 12 days 'til release it's still shown as "Certificate To Be Confirmed", when cinemas have been running 18Cert trailers for it for weeks (That feature stuff that would never be in a 15Cert film). The marketing's clear tactic has been to decieve the potential audience for as long as they could get away with.

Well that's the movie ruined. F*ck Marvel, f*ck Fox and f*ck this movie *.

* Who am I kidding... I'm going to go see this movie anyway :-D.
Don't get your panties in a wad. You'll be able to see the full cut soon enough.

DSM2337 said:

That ^ doesn't necessarily mean it will be "uncut", just that the BBFC didn't impose any cuts (Hardly any films are ever "cut" by the censor). The studio simply submitted a version of Deadpool to the BBFC that would not attract an 18Cert e.g. they at least removed the offending stuff from "Trailer 6" that would have got the film an 18Cert.

As far as I understand, a US R-rating is "harder" than a UK 15Cert, so I suspect we Brits will be getting a different/sanitised cut to the lucky Americans.... still at least I don't live in China! ;-) Hopefully an unrated version will be on the Blu-Ray.

TM2YC said:
That ^ doesn't necessarily mean it will be "uncut", just that the BBFC didn't impose any cuts (Hardly any films are ever "cut" by the censor). The studio simply submitted a version of Deadpool to the BBFC that would not attract an 18Cert e.g. they at least removed the offending stuff from "Trailer 6" that would have got the film an 18Cert.

As far as I understand, a US R-rating is "harder" than a UK 15Cert, so I suspect we Brits will be getting a different/sanitised cut to the lucky Americans.... still at least I don't live in China! ;-) Hopefully an unrated version will be on the Blu-Ray.
Perhaps, perhaps not. Our 18 certificate is a lot more media friendly than the US dreaded NC17, so they can easily use it if needed. The US R is typically the same as 15 here (we have a strict no entry policy, they have a 'we'll take your money if an adult comes with you').

The certificate given to the trailer may be because of context as much as anything else. I think (I hope) it will not have a bearing on the cut that we will see.

DSM2337 said:
The certificate given to the trailer may be because of context

Very good point. The BBFC do consider context a big factor.

There are multiple versions of Weasel's response to Deadpool's deformed face (Warning! Naughty language!)...

1. Weasel: "You look like an avocado had sex with another, older avocado."
2. Weasel: "You look like the inside of other people's assholes."
3. Weasel: "You look like Freddy Krueger face-fucked a topographical map of Utah."
4. Weasel: "You look like an avocado hate-fucked another, older avocado."

I've only heard the last one ^, on the UK 18Cert trailer which played before 'The Hateful Eight' (Anybody seen/heard this elsewhere?). I think the 3rd one is the funniest, just for the use of the word "topographical" :-D. It'll be interesting to see which is in the final cut.

DSM2337 said:
Perhaps, perhaps not. Our 18 certificate is a lot more media friendly than the US dreaded NC17, so they can easily use it if needed. The US R is typically the same as 15 here (we have a strict no entry policy, they have a 'we'll take your money if an adult comes with you').

The certificate given to the trailer may be because of context as much as anything else. I think (I hope) it will not have a bearing on the cut that we will see.

Failing that we'll hope the US Blu ray has 'ABC' on the back of the box and isn't region locked to 'A' like the copy of Audition I bought a few months back :p

Just got back from it.

Very good. There was real sincerity to it and lots of likeable characters, the humour, while crude, didn't come off AS crude, everything felt like banter a pal of yours would say to you, or that one wise-ass in a crowd of freinds who always has to have the last word even when he's in trouble. It's got a lot of relatable moments, and best of all, it has quiet, dignified moments, like
When Wade and the blind lady are assembling a cabinet...and you feel for Wade when he is put in the chamber and scarred horrifically, he tears up when Francis/Ajax tells him his further torment is more for Ajax's own satisfaction for putting him with his mouth.

Voltron got a lot of free promotion too, referenced a few times more than some of the other things

And yeah,
Colossus...steps right off the page, does'nt ever turn human, and I love that Angel Dust is able to do what breaks Wade's hand....and gets to take out by going downstairs. You do have to feel sorry for the X-Men's "big brother in residence", he maintains his wholsomeness and tries to be a good moral compass for Negasonic (who keeps to herself a lot, but when she matters, she sticks out), and he sort of still has hope for Wade even after he kills Ajax.

Loved the cut-out Reynalds mask hidden underneath the Deadpool mask.

Vanessa kicks some ass too, impaling Ajax in the sides, Deadpool winds up with a blade through the brain and starts seeing cartoon animals everywhere:D

If there's one criticism about the ending, it's that Vanessa did'nt try to outdo Wade with a "my life is shittier than yours" story after he told her where he'd been the last few years, a callback to the conversation when they first met

Go see it. For all the crassness and violence in the promotion, It's a very cosy and heartwarming film

Zarius said:
And yeah,
Loved the cut-out Reynalds mask hidden underneath the Deadpool mask.
That was a Hugh Jackman cut-out.

My review: Top film, go see it right away.

Saw it.
A good 7/10 movie to me.

VERY entertaining but the none-stop cracks in dialogues was a bit too much for me.
Not that i'm shocked or anything (plus I'm french so english words just can't be shocking to my hears) but it sounded overwriten.
Once you understand that the writers decided to go the exact opposite way of any cliché dialogue we usualy hear in movies, then the jokes started to be a bit predictable. Specialy when you try to be fun in pretty much every sentences. You just can't.

That's said. I enjoyed it a lot anyway and I found it was way more hit than miss.
I had a big smile on my face all the time :)

And also: it is almost physicaly impossible to make me really laugh out loud when I watch a movie. (last time I cried laughing in a theater was South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut in 1999....!); So having a big smile on my face plus some real laughs is mission accomplished to me!

Back
Top Bottom