• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Deadpool 2 edit - Need suggestions please!

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Recently have been finishing up work on a Deadpool 2 edit. I took all three versions (Theatrical, Super Duper Cut, and Once Upon a Deadpool) and just tried to make the best cut possible. Though a big part of it was picking which jokes landed depending on the cut, it also involved cutting things that didn't work (my opinion of course) in any cut. I used a few of the Fred Savage scenes from Once Upon but probably left half of them if not a little more on the cutting room floor.

So, here's my dilemma - I can't say that I used any particular version as the basis for the edit. It jumps back and forth between all three quite often. My question is, if anyone is interested in this, how would you prefer a cutlist get put together? Go through each scene and say what was added or cut from which version? Pick one as the basis and then list every deviation from that particular cut? I'm leaning towards the last one because if I submit it for IFDB I will need to say how many minutes were both added and cut. 

I thought this would be a super minor edit for me but it ended up being much more in-depth. Luckily I'm pretty happy about it. Wanted to give it an obnoxious title but that is still a work in progress. Any suggestions on any of this would be immensely helpful!

84-E74-A8-A-0478-4-CF0-8-E7-D-0-BE6-F54-DFF5-D.png

I would say to have the cutlist based around the theatrical cut, and just say what scenes deviate from that.

jrWHAG42 said:
I would say to have the cutlist based around the theatrical cut, and just say what scenes deviate from that.

That's kinda what I was thinking but I really wanted another opinion! I'll whip together a cutlist here soon and see if anyone is interested.

Whipped this together real quick.

33-E3-D3-C2-60-BE-4-FF4-AEAE-E7-AC79448-BE6.png

I put together a cutlist for those interested. I think i did a pretty solid job of explaining any changes but if you have questions, just ask! For simplicity sake I will use minor abbreviations like DP for Deadpool, SDC for Super Duper Cut, and Once Upon for Once Upon a Deadpool.

1) Trimmed version of Once Upon opening used. Cuts all reference to it being a PG13 movie.
2) Used "anal bleaching party" take from SDC in the penthouse scene.
3) Added DP playing dead and taking bartender's cigarette from SDC.
4) Initial fight montage (including extended sauna fight scored to Enya) from SDC used.
5) Added trimmed Once Upon scene about love as well as "marvel licensed by Fox." Inserted DP offended gasp from a different Once Upon Scene.
6) "Ashes" by Celine Dion removed from both the beginning and end of the movie. "Dream On" by Postmodern Jukebox used instead. Still gives the opening credits a Bondesque song and feel like originally presented.
7) Trimmed Weasel's "Civil War wound" insult.
8) Trimmed Buck consoling DP.
9) Cut Blind Al's unnecessarily harsh "pity dick" line.
10) Added multiple ways DP tries to kill himself from SDC.
11) SDC take used when Wade is in Xavier's wheelchair.
12) Not a change but something of note, original short Cable arrival scene used.
13) Added DP kitchen scene from SDC.
14) Negasonic's reaction to being flicked off from Once Upon used.
15) Fixed audio issue with DP breaking the Cerebro helmet.
16) Added parts of DP's dialogue from the SDC for when they arrive at The Icebox.
17) Cut DP "steaming pile of foreshadowing" line.
18) Cut DP "hello superpowers" line when his power restraint collar comes off.
19) Cut odd noise DP makes before firing Cable's gun.
20) Deadpool vs Cable fight in The Icebox from SDC used.
21) Cut Weasel berating Dopinder when they are talking about building a team.
22) Due to the slow motion version of "Tomorrow" from Annie being cut in a later scene, all references to this song are removed from Cable's flashbacks and they have been rescored.
23) Trimmed Cable looking at himself in the mirror.
24) Cut DP line defending Canada.
25) Trimmed the middle of Domino's introduction.
26) Used a trimmed version of Peter's introduction from the SDC.
27) Shatterstar death from SDC used.
28) Added trimmed version of "was that Brad Pitt" from Once Upon.
29) Cut Domino's reaction after DP ponders "who knew the wind would be so strong?"
30) DP's reaction to being shot multiple times from the SDC used.
31) Cut Russell pulling invisible rope to leave.
32) Cut DP "Basic Instinct" reference.
33) Added "Prostate Orgasm" line from SDC.
34) DP reaction from SDC used when learning about Cable's teddy bear. 
35) Team running into action rescored with "Get Back" by Ludacris.
36) Extended Domino running from Juggernaut scene used.
37) Cut Domino's giddy noise when being launched from see-saw.
38) Trimmed version of Colossus picking up DP from the SDC used and rescored with "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper.
39) Cut Russell's "good to be a gangster."
40) Cut DP "been inside you" analogy.
41) Rescored DP and Cable racing toward Russell in slow motion with "Requiem in D Minor" from 28 Days Later.
42) Dramatic music abruptly stops when DP hopes they "got that in slow motion."
43) DP's alternate goodbyes from SDC used.
44) Cut DP telling Russell he is giving him his suit.
45) Added trimmed version of Fred Savage getting emotional from Once Upon.
46) Used Vanessa's answer from SDC for when DP tells her "not to fuck Elvis."
47) Added scene acknowledging after credits scenes from Once Upon.
48) Used extended time travel credit scenes from SDC.
49) Added DP cutting Fred Savage loose from Once Upon.

jswert123456 said:
quick cover and new title i made

It always surprises me just how fast you are at doing that and I always appreciate it! I think I have settled on removing the "theatrical" I had in the original title card and calling it "Once Upon A Super Duper Deadpool Cash Grab." Edited the original poster to have a white background like the "Super Duper" poster and changed the title cards on the edit. Rendering, compressing, and then going to watch it start to finish for the first time.

8-A8-B1-D72-CB35-46-D3-836-A-43075-DA3-BB41.png

It's been a long time since I've really been able to sit down and do any editing. I had joined this site when I was on a medical leave from work for mental health related issues and I needed something to take my mind off of things. Fanediting in a lot of ways played a partial role in pulling myself out of such a negative headspace. It required strict concentration so the distraction helped and being proud of your final product always gives you a little boost. Unfortunately my mental health has taken a pretty large tumble in the past six months or so but this time I couldn't even pull myself together enough to concentrate on an edit. I'm sorry if this is something that should've been saved for The Emotional Support Thread but I was really just trying to explain why this edit has been dormant for so long.

I've spent the past few days going over my nearly finished edit just to make little tweaks here and there. I feel pretty happy with how it ended up so I'm going to probably try to make it live here within the week if anyone is interested in checking this out. I also have a few reviews from edits I've watched (some a decent amount of time ago) that I plan to leave soon. Looking forward to seeing what edits have hit here in the past year or so to find some good stuff to watch!

Hi there,
This might be a redundant question, but where may watch this edit?
Cheers!

I have watched some of this deadpool edit!
I am loving it 😍 I am finding how funny deadpool 2 is! The movie make me laugh!
I like the extended Sword fight at the begining of the film. My favorite add-in tot he extended cut.
Editing and sound are great so far. Only watch up too deadpool going to prison.

Looking forward to see the rest of the film.

I appreciate this edit of deadpool 2.
I saw a comparison of deadpool theatrical and extended cut. There are alot of different lines of dialog and jokes. The theatrical has all the best line expect for one!
And I like the extended Sword fight scene.
So I appreciate this combination edit of all the best jokes and scenes. I also enjoy the princess and the bride scenes!
So it great to have all the best bits of the movie in one version!

I really like this cut from the extended cut more extended cut then the theatrical cut!
Deadpool says "I have made a critical error on my air b & b reservation this not what the website at all."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom