• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

David Lynch's DUNE: The Third Stage Edition

Hello, :)
well the title says it all to be honest... I downloaded the AVI version from fanedit.info and the sound is off track. The ratings are pretty good and the comments don´t say anything about that issue so I wonder if the others just didn´t notice or if there is smth wrong on my end?! I use VLC player.

Link: http://fanedit.org/957/

Never bothered with the AVi as I have the full DVD, there might have been an issue introduced when it was reencoded but since noone else has mentioned it before and Phineas and Nighthawks are pretty conscientious editors it might be worth having a try with different players before deciding that the file itself is out.

Alternatively the frame index might have got messed up while downloading, you can use Vdub to fix this but I prefer AVIDemux for this particular job as it will tell you as soon as you load the file whether the index is knackered and fix and save it again winth a couple of minutes whereas Vdub take a lot longer.

Alternatively Alternatively if it's OOS consistently you can use VLC to correct it and if you want to make it permanent then just throw the audio into vdub and crop or insert the time difference from VLC to the beginning of the file and then save and remux back to the video.

Sounds a lot harder than it actually is.

Hello, I downloaded the DVD version and all is fine now :)

"Alternatively the frame index might have got messed up while downloading,"

Don´t think that´s possible since the file was in a rar archive, so if the dl was messed up I shouldn´t even be able to extract it I think. Well, anyhow, not important anymore... at least not to me... thanks

It was a generic suggestion as you were asking for help.

Yes, I downloaded the Avi files and the sound was out of sync. I managed to watch the film by loading it in two separate players, and setting one to play a couple of seconds after the other so that the sound synced up. (This was obviously a bit of a pain for a 3 hour movie which required numerous pauses!) I'm glad the DVD works; I really enjoyed the edit, so I will be investing in making a proper DVD at some point.

I assume you mean proper AVI.

I think it goes without saying this is not an actual extended version discussion, but rather a technical hiccup of that extended version.
I've addressed mods to move the thread.

yaycat.jpg

I detect a vague hint of irony in the air... :-?:?

Threads merged.

I haven't the faintest idea, I've been here for years and it's all greek to me.

goodearner said:
Hi, I would like to review Dune third stage on DVD.

Go right ahead. You have my permission.

goodearner said:
Hi, I would like to review Dune third stage on DVD.

It's very good. There, I saved you the bother.

Bluemerald said:
I need to watch this fantastic edition, please. The spice must flows ;)

Read the FAQ.

Back
Top Bottom