• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Dark Side of the Smog Monster

Zilla Magilla

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have you ever stumbled on to something amazing by complete accident? This edit is a result of such a coincidence.

As the name implies, this is an edit of “Godzilla vs Hedorah” but the soundtrack is removed and the film is synced up with Pink Floyd’s “Dark Side of the Moon.”

This was originally a personal project for myself and my friends after a roadtrip inside joke. But after seeing just how many moments of perfect synchronicity there were in the film, I knew I just had to share this mind-blowing experience with anyone and everyone.

I would say the edit is 70-75% of the way finished. I’ll post updates, ask questions and share a few small previews here amd there.

I love it! I absolutely love it! I'm afraid that Dark Side of The Moon is so transcendent that it could synchronize up with almost any film. This is a very unique idea. Count me interested!

I love it! I absolutely love it! I'm afraid that Dark Side of The Moon is so transcendent that it could synchronize up with almost any film. This is a very unique idea. Count me interested!
Oh absolutely. I saw a great video on that exact subject. Something about the flow of the album matching the flow of a narrative structure.

But there’s some genuinely amazing syncs in both in terms of audio/visual and thematically. Like how the film begins with the birth of Hedorah and the album begins with a heartbeat that fades in. There’s other much better stuff but I don’t want to spoil the best ones.

I made the poster in between whittling away at the edit (A majority of the dialogue that was over music has been separated. There are a few lines that are still giving me trouble though.)

This is where I would show it to you guys, but every time I try uploading it here, it never passes authorization. As far as I know, it's not breaking any rules (It's the album cover in a movie poster aspect ratio and the Prism is replaced with Hedorah's flying mode) does anyone know how I can alleviate this or someone who I can talk to?

Hello! Sorry for not having posted in a while (a habit that seems to be becoming a trend, unfortunately. 😅) as shortly after starting this thread, I became incredibly busy with my jobs. Due to this, progress has been very slow, but I've been working at it whenever I have the chance. I just need to add a few more sound effects and the edit will be done. But it will be just a bit longer before I can upload. Christmas time is here and my family has come in from out of state. Not only that but at one of my other jobs, the week after Christmas is very busy. So I won't be able to have it uploaded until January.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news! It's done! Fully complete!

Unfortunately, every time I try uploading a poster, it never gets approved and I don't know why. So unfortunately, until I can get that situation resolved, I won't be able to submit it due to submissions needing a poster.

Does anyone know who I can talk to about the poster situation?

I can't help with the poster situation but I just wanted to say that I love the concept of this edit and the clip you posted was a lot of fun. I have a Japanese friend who I often discuss the Godzilla films with and Hedorah was always his childhood favourite; I can't wait to talk to him about this edit.

Best of luck with the poster and getting this edit approved. I can't wait to see it.

@Zilla Magilla we don't allow links to downloadable content in the forums so I've had to remove your example clip. Feel free to reshare it via alternate means, such as YouTube or vimeo, so long as downloads are disabled.

@Zilla Magilla we don't allow links to downloadable content in the forums so I've had to remove your example clip. Feel free to reshare it via alternate means, such as YouTube or vimeo, so long as downloads are disabled.
Sorry about that! It won't happen again!

While I have you, do you know of any reasons why the posters I try uploading keep getting rejected? As far as I know, I'm not doing anything that breaks any rules. But if I am, I would love to hear what I can do to make an acceptable poster!

Last edited:
In what way are they being rejected? Are they not uploading or are they getting deleted? If they're for an edit, you should be able upload them to the gallery, then embed them in your post. If you're trying to upload other images then we ask users to use an external host and then embed the link, due to our storage limitations.

In what way are they being rejected? Are they not uploading or are they getting deleted? If they're for an edit, you should be able upload them to the gallery, then embed them in your post. If you're trying to upload other images then we ask users to use an external host and then embed the link, due to our storage limitations.
They aren’t uploading at all. I try, then it says it’s pending approval and then it just doesn’t show up.

Hmm. Not sure. Maybe post a bug thread so it can be looked into.

How do I do that? I assume there’s a specific “bugs” section that I would post to? Sort of like how this is the “Fanedits in the works” section.

Yes, just go to the main forum page and look for the bugs and suggestions sub forum.

I will submit it once I return from my trip. Should be on Sunday.

A perfect poster! I'm glad you were able to finally get it uploaded! Looking forward to seeing the edit. Have a good trip 😊

Back
Top Bottom