• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Daft Punk's Electroma: Love is the Answer Edition (Shortened + Rescored)

gleem

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

So last night I watched Daft Punk's Electroma for the first time and I loved it! The story was so sweet and tragic and the visuals were amazing! The only problem is that it was really really REALLY slow. Like multiple minutes on end of literally nothing. So before I went to bed I wanted to see if I could do and edit of it that would shorten it, tighten it up, add in the epilogue that the band released when they broke up, and rescore it to Touch, my favorite of their songs. I was up until 6 am because I was so excited about what I was making. I eventually got to bed at 7 and woke up at 1 pm. Then I got up and started refining it all day until now, 6 pm.

This is the most in depth edit I have ever done. Just look at the timeline! Literally every single shot is shortened and every shot in every scene is rearranged and recut to be shorter. I cut it from 1 hour 7 minutes down to 32 minutes. The craziest thing is that I didn't even cut out anything! It was all just dramatic shots of Thomas and Guy staring at each other. It was really an interesting experience working with this much footage that could be cut since usually with fan edits of stuff like movies, you're margin for editing is really tight because you're only working with 2 or so hours of pre-edited footage. And it wasn't even like when working on a TV to movie edit because even though thats also a scenario where you would cut out a lot, the stuff you cut out of that is actually plot important, whereas here its the exact same story told the exact same way just way shorter.

I am so insanely proud of this. Very little of the original editing is left. I edited it so much that literally every shot, cut, and shot order is my doing.

Does it sound like I'm bragging or dismissing the editing of the original? Because I hope not, I still love the original

It's ready to view now so send your pms!

I realize that I can actually just upload it to youtube so here ya go!

Not sure why this got moved to in-the-works, it’s finished, I just haven’t posted it on the IFDB yet (I’m gonna tonight)

Not sure why this got moved to in-the-works, it’s finished, I just haven’t posted it on the IFDB yet (I’m gonna tonight)
Thread moved to completed

Back
Top Bottom