• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Custom Logo Sequence

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wasn't sure which forum to post this in.

So I want to do a kind of custom credit, kind of like I did in my Emerald City edit where I mimicked the HBO static TV intro, but for this one the original 21 Grams is a "Focus Features" production.

Here is an example of their "logo":

I'm wondering if it's possible to mimic this. Replace the "Focus" with "Gatos" (and to get a little greedy i dont if it is possible but maybe also have the "o" in Gatos have that same blurring effect. I don't know how identical I can make this, but I see people do their own customized 20th century fox logos so there must be someway to do this. Although this may be a job for adobe after effects (which unfortunately i don't have). But anyway, the main effect I want to have is that same background video while fading in that text. So if anyway has any ideas on how I can accomplish this please let me know!

To start, I would search for some stock footage that is similar to what is used for the Focus features intro. You should be able to find something close enough, then it would just be a matter of applying your new text with some effects.

ThrowgnCpr said:
To start, I would search for some stock footage that is similar to what is used for the Focus features intro. You should be able to find something close enough, then it would just be a matter of applying your new text with some effects.

Thanks for the tips. Time to look for some stock footage.

There's so little "beneath" the FOCUS, maybe it wouldn't be very hard to matte that out and pop the GATOS in. Once that's done, blurring in the O would be a cinch.

Uncanny Antman said:
There's so little "beneath" the FOCUS, maybe it wouldn't be very hard to matte that out and pop the GATOS in. Once that's done, blurring in the O would be a cinch.

Unfortunately, I'd have no idea how to go about doing that. I'm a noob when it comes to stuff like Photoshop (i understand the very basics of using the layers and some of the other tools and filters).

If you are still interested man, i have done something close to what you wanted. if you are interested PM me for the link, cause i am not sure if i am allowed to post the link here in the post

g1orkatsos said:
If you are still interested man, i have done something close to what you wanted. if you are interested PM me for the link, cause i am not sure if i am allowed to post the link here in the post

Hey, I got your PM. I'm about to take a look at it. Thank you!

Wow! I PMed you with my reply as well but i thought i'd share here as well. g1orkatsos, who is already working on some cover art for me, went above and beyond (without me even directly asking him) and made pretty much exactly what i wanted with a custom logo sequence. It looks pretty much exactly like the original "Focus Features" logo sequence IMO. Definitely blows away anything I would have tried to make on my own! Thanks g1orkatsos.

Kal-El said:
So? Can we see it? :)

I should be cruel and say the only way to see it is downloading my edit when it's released :p

I'll up it to vimeo and post it on here in a few hours.

Here is something I was considering doing before g1orkatsos made the focus features style one for me. A friend of mine made this for me:

Here is the Focus Features style intro that g1orkatsos made for me:

^^ We have a winner! Very nicely done. Congrats. :)

Back
Top Bottom