• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Convertxtodvd (Have audio but no video)

gracie1979

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi,

I was checking to see if anyone knew anything about convertxtodvd. I had rendered my film with sony movie studio platinum 12 and saved it to my hard drive. From there, I took the file and dumped it into convertxtodvd since I am used to that program and burned it to dvd. It burned the file fine but when I went to play it back and make sure it was okay, I noticed in one spot of the film that I had audio but no video. It wasn't like that through the whole film, just in that one spot that I could tell. I had used that program many times and had no problem, the only thing I did different is that I went to my codec settings and changed it to best from normal. I have not had a chance to check the disc in other dvd players yet though and just from googling, it seems it may be some sort of codec problem but I'm not sure. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

I have had either no video or no audio throughout, usually a codec the DVD player could not handle.
With audio, it is often wma or aff, which I covert to mp3 or AAC and remux.
Never just a section, however.

I've used ConvertXtoDVD many times, but only to convert, never to burn. To burn I'd recommend using ImgBurn. It's free, easy to use, and I've never heard of anyone having any problems with it.

Thanks Vultural! Ok, I just got home to try to check this problem more thoroughly. This may be a rendering issue. I looked at the file that was rendered and it's the same way. I tried the disc in another player and got the same thing. I use Sony Movie Studio to render and I've never seen this before until now, has anyone else had this issue before?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom