• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

confused beginner with questions involving dvd rippers, getting a movie onto computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

justanotherassholeonline

Reaction score
Trophy Points
high beginner here with questions. I'm wondering what dvd ripper is best and what role the play in having good picture and audio. I've tried "dvd fab" and to me the picture is noticeably more distorted than the original dvd. I'm trying to get picture quality equal to (or at least closer to) the original dvd, and i also want to maintain 5.1 surround sound. are these unrealistic expectations? I've also tried a program called cucusoft ultimate dvd recorder which lets me record the movie in hd (haven't recorded an entire movie yet, just parts, very slow process), resulting in what appears to me to be picture much closer to the orginal dvd, although audio sounds much quiter for some reason (both to both the original dvd and the dvd fab rip). should/can i use a different program to rip audio? will it maintain 5.1 surround? or what kind of ripper or program/programs are best for getting a movie onto my computer with the best quality possible?

Your user name isn't helping...

Duplicate thread locked. See other thread for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom