• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Combining RAR files

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know this is a stupid question, and I'm very sorry to trouble anyone...I've been trying to find my answer elsewhere, and the answers I've found don't quite seem to be what I need...

I'm trying to combine RAR files I downloaded together so that it plays together as one file, in order that I might burn it to a disc.

I have WinRar, but every time I extract each file into one folder, I just get a bunch of files that don't play together, rather than one seamless file.

Could anyone walk me through the right process step by step? I would be very grateful. I've done it just fine several times - but it was a long time ago, and unfortunately I've completely forgotten what I'm doing.

Once again, very sorry. I know this is fairly elementary compared to all of the other questions on this forum. Thank you so much!

can you please tell me what kind of files that are?
rar files or 001 files or what?
usually you start with the first rar, right click to extract and then you should get the contents of the rar fiel (which you can also look at, when you jus topen the rar file by double clicking on it).
The contents can be a huge number of files or a single fiel, depending on what was archived. More inforamtion migth be helpful.

It just appears to be rar files, that, when a single rar is open and extracted, contains several IFO, VOB and BUP files.
I am downloading the rars via rapidshare - working on these -
http://www.fanedit.org/rapidshare/rapid ... tanic.html

Anyway - all of the rars seem to just add all of the files together in one file rather than combining them...this is really all the information I have. Sorry

ok... what you get is the content of a DVD. Nothing to worry about at all, just open your DVD-Video burning software and put the files from the video_ts folder into exactly that and the DVD_rom folder into the main directory (which will then consist of Audio_TS, VIDEO_TS and DVD-Rom). If there is no DVD-Rom folder, you are still good to go.

btw.... are you a girl?

ha, you are the first known girl to ever downlaod a fanedit form here. Welcome to FE! :)

Seriously? That's hilarious.

I found this place the other day while looking for Star Wars edits. Methinks I hit the jackpot...I've been having a blast downloading all sorts of fun stuff. This place is great. I can't believe I haven't ever run across it before...

We're not that old. This particular place here exists for just 3 months now.
You migth also want to check out http://www.originaltrilogy.com.
No place like to find Star Wars geeks and info about Star Wars fanediting projects.

just don't mention there you downloaded Titanic Extended Edition ;-)

lol yes, they might shun you if you admitted that. ;)

Yeah, I wouldn't mention that.

Though Titanic is actually for a friend, not for me, God forbid. Ughhhhhhh

...not a girl ... definitely not a girl... (I knew it...)

well, that at least explains what you are doing here ;-)

I have a stupid question that is along the same lines as the previous stupid question. :) When I try to extract the files from the rar, it asks for a password. Where would I find said password? Any help would be appreciated. :)

the password is usually on the rapidshare page, or the info page for the dvd

but it's usually fanedited.com

Back
Top Bottom