• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Color Match Plug-in

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do any Vegas Pro users have experience with the Color Match Plug-in? I'm continuing to experiment with color correction and I'm about to do a google search and youtube search for tutorials but I was just curious if anyone used it and what their experiences were with it.

I found a free third party plugin that works not too badly at times. It is mainly an auto levels adjuster similar to what photoshop would do to a picture. The plug has some options and settings such as 'soft color correction, full correction, full correction with film levels, etc. It also you tinker with settings.

here is the link for it and updated since I have an older version
http://www.mikecrash.com/index.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=13

**fixed the link

tranzor said:
I found a free third party plugin that works not too badly at times. It is mainly an auto levels adjuster similar to what photoshop would do to a picture. The plug has some options and settings such as 'soft color correction, full correction, full correction with film levels, etc. It also you tinker with settings.

here is the link for it and updated since I have an older version
http://www.mikecrash.com/index.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=13

**fixed the link

Thanks tranzor! Just for clarification, you're talking about the "Auto Levels 1.0.2" filter?

yes but I also see his levels correction 1.0 filter that could probably be used in conjunction with the auto levels. His whole filter package is only 312K so it aint a big download to grab them all

tranzor said:
yes but I also see his levels correction 1.0 filter that could probably be used in conjunction with the auto levels. His whole filter package is only 312K so it aint a big download to grab them all

Alright. Thanks, again!

I've tried Color Match in Vegas 12 it a little and I have to say I'm not impressed. Of course it can't do magic, but I don't even feel it's actually matching anything. I've also tried the new matching feature in Adobe Speedgrade CC which does wonders.

Here's some screengrabs:

This is the original movie.

This is the deleted scene.

This is auto matched in Vegas 12.

This is auto matched in Speedgrade CC.

I'll let you make your own decision here. :D

Wowza! Speedgrade looks pretty damn good.

I'm not really impressed. It's still a bit too red. This is such a minor adjustment, that I think you would be better off just doing it by hand. All you need to do is bump the color balance slightly to get it closer than these auto matching tools.

I'd say auto matching in Speedgrade with a minor tweak is a whole lot faster and easier than doing it completely manually. To each his own of course, but I'm not very good at it and have spent ages manually correcting Shaun of the Dead - in fact that has taken the most time - and with this new feature I can probably even finish it.

Cactus said:
I'd say auto matching in Speedgrade with a minor tweak is a whole lot faster and easier than doing it completely manually. To each his own of course, but I'm not very good at it and have spent ages manually correcting Shaun of the Dead - in fact that has taken the most time - and with this new feature I can probably even finish it.

you're right, to each their own, but for examples like this it would be an extra step for me. It really is just a minor adjustment in color balance and hue/saturation. Familiarizing yourself with the few built-in tools and plugins will save much more time than looking for a lot of one-click solutions (that still require adjustment).

thanks for the adobe speedgrade program/plug. Never heard of it previously but might give it a look, though for the pictures you upped it was not that much of a difference (between the deleted scene and your film version). However I have a project I would be very curious to see how well it performs on

Back
Top Bottom