• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Clerks III

I'm exxcited. and drunk. so I've got that going for me. which is good.

You guys should have seen the other drunk post he made. It involved his modem and oral pleasure.

Wait, that was my post.

By the way, if you've never watched Comic Book Men give it a go. I normally hate reality tv but this is sheer gold.

Q2 said:
By the way, if you've never watched Comic Book Men give it a go. I normally hate reality tv but this is sheer gold.

Hell yeah. LOVE Comic Book Men. LOVE Walt Bry and Ming.

Plus let me say I love Kevin Smith. Love his movies (except Cop Out). Love his Evenings discs. Love his original Smodcast. Love Tell-Em Steve Dave. Loved "Seasons 1 & 2" of Smodimations. Love his commentaries. Etc.

But the guy has such a terrible track record of announcing shit that doesn't happen or goes into Development Hell. Fletch Won, Green Hornet, Clerks Animated Movie, Ranger Danger, Hit Somebody, etc. So "Clerks III will be the best film I'll ever make"; yeah, I'll believe when I see it.

Neglify said:
Plus let me say I love Kevin Smith. Love his movies (except Cop Out).

I don't even consider that one of his movies because he only directed it. For me a Kevin Smith movie is one that he wrote and directed.

Q2 said:

I watched the first season and was utterly bored by it; not a lot happens, then they go and do something forced because not a lot happens, then they shoot some somewhat scripted shit (chat), shake a guy down on something that gets brought into the store, Kevin and crew wrap it up with a pithy couple of lines standing in front of mics.

Rinse, recycle, repeat.

I really did not like it at all.

back when it was announced I was totally uninterested in the idea of "clerks 2" - i eventually saw it and thought it was hysterical. Bring on part 3!

i enjoy the View Askewverse films. enjoyed Jersey Girl even. and didn't find it all that bad really. when Red State came out, I gave it a shot to see what it was like. and didn't care for it at all. then found the dvd for it for relatively cheap and picked it up mostly cause i'm a completist and figure that some day maybe Red State won't be all that bad.

loved the cartoon series. wish that they were able to make more. enjoyed it a lot more than Family Guy. and have to say that i'm actually excited for Clerks 3.

nOmArch said:
Rinse, recycle, repeat.
agreed. though i like the parts of the show when it's about the nerd stuff. then fast forward past the parts that they do other uninteresting stuff. like getting (stupid) tattoos or filming the commercial. the only "other activity" they did that was interesting was when they went to the garage sale and found a gold mine of action figures.
(and that was after the stale adventure to a re-scheduled comicon or something like that.)

Me and smith have a weird relationship.... I liked his early stuff, around strikes back I sort of died out a bit, I liked Jersey girl because it was heartwarming, like a modern day (at the time) take on one of those 80's kids movies. I liked Clerks 2, thought zack and miri was just okay and hated Cop out. I kind of enjoyed red state a little more the second time I saw it (and toyed with the idea of somehow inserting some of dogma to give it the proper ending it deserved.) But it was only recently that I actually made myself watch it a second time.

Part of my falling out with his works was due to the fanbase, there's a certain annoying demograph who were the majority party on his boards and I got fed up of reading the same old stuff... so I took a break, if anything I only got back into the smith-zone after listening to a few of the fatman on batman smodcasts, I kind of stopped after the ralph garman stuff because there hasn't really been any other guests to peak my interest.

Anyway I look forward to clerks 3, Elias and Becky were welcome additions last time around.

I'm cautiously optimistic for Clerks 3. I really liked the original Clerks, but the second one felt too Hollywood at times for my liking. Obviously most of it is pretty far from the norm, but just how its shot and produced took me out a bit as I was hoping for more of that gruff 90s indie style that worked so well for him. Hopefully he tries to go small scale for the next one, and maybe Smith should watch The Wrestler before shooting as that would have been the style of filmmaking that I think Clerks 2 should have been done with.

I have a love hate relationship with a lot of his other works, at times I find it funny and charming, but other times childish and stupid. Smith himself is turning into an idiot so hopefully he can get his head out of his ass and set up his game.

Back
Top Bottom