• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Cinavia Error Message 3

Toonloon

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi guys.

I was just proof-watching my first ever fan edit and my PS3 came up with the error message above and muted the audio.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of this?

Thanks.

As far as I know, there is no way to remove cinivia protection yet, so movies with cinivia will not play audio on devices that have cinivia protection, which includes any new or updated PS3.

Did you edit the audio and video together? You should be able to use the video from the BD and the audio from say a DVD to get around the issue.

That's an excellent idea reave! I don't have the DVD, but I'm sure I could get one. Would there be a problem with changing the dialogue? I'm new to sony Vegas and I have no idea who to sync the new soundtrack to the blu-ray video.

i get the message when i insert the blu ray into my computer,
dont have a ps3.
and some of these blu rays dont come with a dvd copy.

ok , i already paid 20 bucks for the blu ray, im not gonna buy the movie 2 times.
it plays fine on the pc. so im not worried.

What movie did you spend $200 on?

jswert123456 said:
ok , i already paid 200 bucks for the blu ray, im not gonna but the movie 2 times.

Who the fuck did you buy it from?

I just Googled "Getting rid of copy protection with DVD Fab" because I was having an issue with my Paranormal Activity DVD, it listed a size of 57.1 GB's with the same movie files repeated about 5 times, and DVD Decrypter, it decrypted everything except for the movie files. I decided to try out DVD Fab's trial version and it worked fine, but I wanted to make sure that I did it correctly. I'd hate get my edit done and burnt only to find out that I screwed something up and the copy protection hadn't been removed. Anyways it turns out I did it right, but I found a news item on DVD Fab's Arabian website that mentions that DVD Fab version 8.0.7.3 will get rid of Cinavia protection. For some reason I couldn't find any mention of that version, or removal of Cinavia protection, on the US site.

http://ar.dvdfab.com/news/19

I don't know if it's true, but I just thought I'd mention it.

ok , i already paid 20 bucks for the blu ray, im not gonna buy the movie 2 times.

jswert123456 said:

You posted that already earlier in the thread. If your work does not play on a stand-alone player, you should be worried, if you intend to release it.

jswert123456 said:

I completely understand. I wouldn't want to buy the movie twice either. Have you tested your edit on a standalone DVD player though? It might play fine on your computer, but chances are most people burn the edits to watch on a regular DVD player. It would suck if somebody downloaded your edit only to find out that there's no audio.

jswert123456 said:
ok , i already paid 20 bucks for the blu ray

Oh that $200 was a typo. OK $20 makes more sense.

What edit are you working on now?

still working on Blue velvet, all i had left to do was burn to dvd
computer crashed and i lost months of files and work.
starting over now.
im not working on anything else.
i only mentioned Drive in the thread cause i saw others were having this error message as well.

i only posted again, cause someone was asking bout the 200 bucks i spent.
so i was making sure the point got across that i made a typo.
and only spent 20.
why is it when i just mention something in this thread people start asking me what Edit im currently working on.
i cant put a blu ray in my computer without people thinking im working on a edit.
i could simply just be trying to watch a movie.

lost my job this last week, so im having to sell off some stuff to bring in some extra cash.

Sorry to hear that, but I fail to see how that is relevant to this thread.

jswert123456 said:
why is it when i just mention something in this thread people start asking me what Edit im currently working on.i cant put a blu ray in my computer without people thinking im working on a edit.
i could simply just be trying to watch a movie.

Perhaps that is because this is the fanedit.org forum and people are trying to help you.

Back
Top Bottom