• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Character’s outfits

VidaB98

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If it’s one day, should the characters have the same outfits on or can it vary? (It’s going to be more than one day in the fan edit.)

A change of outfit is significant. It's like how we would expect people to normally change clothes. it doesn't really happen within one day unless they are going to a party or unless they got their clothes ruined somehow. If you have a character with different clothes in the next scene with no other information, that will communicate that it's a different day.

I once worked an edit of DS9 which focused on Quark and used his various outfits to signifying time passing. That worked in the sitcom format I was working towards. However, an outfit change without any justification or lacking a scene showing said change of clothing could end up being quite jarring from a viewers perspective. Can we have a little more context please.

Something that stood out to me when completing my Ghost Rider edit is that Sam Elliot's character has the same outfit the entire time, which was very convenient when combining scenes. Similarly, in my cut, when we first see Eva Mendes' Roxanne, she is wearing a baby blue dress. In the next scene we see her in my edit, she is packing that same dress into a suitcase. It's two completely different days in the original film but combines into one day/night very nicely in my edit!

Back
Top Bottom