• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Burning fanedits to DVD help (please)

raist3001

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am noob just getting into this hobby. I have just downloaded the mp4's for Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix.

Question is, how do I now burn this to a DVD? Must I convert the files into something else, and if so, will I lose resolution?

Are there any tutorials around that I may read to help me out?

well most fanedits here are available already as a DVD. HP and the Order of the Phoenix extended included.

But if you want to author a DVD from a video file, the format is a DVD ready mpg2 file (in the form of separate .m2v and .ac3 files). For an easy way, you might look into something like convertx2dvd. you just add your file (in this case, your mp4) and make a DVD. it does it all for you. Quality is OK. For best quality use a higher quality encoder like TMPGEnc or CCE (best), encode to DVD ready format, and author using a DVD authoring program such as DVD Lab pro, TMPG DVD, Sony DVD Architect, etc... Most of these programs are not free.

doom9.org and videohelp.com forums (as well as our technical information section) is a good place to learn about video work.

I have the Cinema Craft Encoder SP installed. Is that enough to use the codec? Or am I missing something? I also have convertx2dvd installed. Once I choose my mp4 file, I do not see an option to use a specific codec?

if you have convertxtodvd already then you are mint all you need to do is drop the mp4 in there and convert. Obviously this is the quickest way to get a dvd file out of an mp4. If you are willing to take the time and effort to learn to use cce and dvd lab pro you can convert and burn your own full custom made disc.

I use My Video Converter to convert video files in the odd times that I need to. I'm pretty sure that TMPGenc DVD Author 3 supports .mp4 files so just add that to your project, create chapter marks (if they don't already exist), make your menus and have it compile it to DVD. It'll just take longer than it normally would because it has to convert the .mp4 files to DVD compliant files but in the end you'll have yourself a DVD copy.

Back
Top Bottom