• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Britain's General Election

AvP said:
But when you say "society" is partly to blame you put the innocent in that circle too, theres only two people to blame thats the greedy banks and the govement for letting it happen.

That is such a narrow view. I admit in my initial rant I roped in innocent people which was a mistake but to say the general public are completely blameless just isn't dealing with the facts.

I agree Politicians & Bankers are the main culprits for the recession but certain sections of the public to a degree played their part & that shouldn't be ignored. If people ignore their mistakes then they are likely to repeat them. Do we really need another generation of voters who don't hold the government to account & live on debt & credit cards?

nOmArch said:
i think the next live debate should involve jelly and wrestling!
Nah mud wrestling would be better, Gordon would just eat the Jelly..... off Nick Cleggs bare chest!!!! :eek: :lol:

FatherMerrin said:
nOmArch said:
i think the next live debate should involve jelly and wrestling!
Nah mud wrestling would be better, Gordon would just eat the Jelly..... off Nick Cleggs bare chest!!!! :eek: :lol:

i think they should be equipped with electric shock buzzers a la Distraction

nOmArch said:
i think they should be equipped with electric shock buzzers a la Distraction

Definitely, last nights debate was boring. It's only the 2nd debate & they're already repeating themselves. I can't believe our governments from now on are just going to be decided on by the light weight debates.

unfortunately i missed last nights showings, i may have a look at it online but i gotta say my interest in the whole thing is beginning to seriously wain.

What's annoying me is after 10 of Tony Blair people said they were sick over style over substance. Yet this election isn't going to be decided on a Governments track record or Manifestos or policies it's going to be decided on how someone performs in these debates, which are probably the most staged managed parts of this election.

Well this have livened things up a bit. :lol:

[youtube:2xzxjyzx]

[youtube:2xzxjyzx]

I love the 2nd vid, you can actually see the point where Brown realises what he's done. :D

to be fair some of the comments that the lady made were bigoted, and for that matter i stand by what Brown said...

although what he should of done is confront her about it and be honest, instead of doing what all politicans do which is nod, smile, grin, yes, thank you for your vote. and then behind closed doors call them scum.

still, always a pleasure to see a politician squirm like, well, a politician. 8)

nOmArch said:
still, always a pleasure to see a politician squirm like, well, a politician. 8)

Yeah :grin:

The best thing about it was that he had actually convinced her to vote for him by the end of their chat, he had actually done well. Yet he goes & blows it all by completely miss reading the whole situation & slags her off.

All it does for me is confirm that this man can not work in a hung parliament. He's seems to be psychologically incapable of dealing with people who disagree with him. I mean the bloody thing went well but the second he got into the car he's blaming everyone else for it going wrong... even though it went well.

The guy's head aint on right man. Still, made me laugh.

tbh i think im sick of the whole damn lot of them, not just Brown.

bring back Clem the Gem!

I'm fortunate enough to have Monster Raving Loony standing in my area. I know who I'm voting for on May 6th.

now theres a Politician who is sadly missed :(

god, its fucking boring.

Too right nOmArch. I stayed up till 4am & it was dull... the aftermath is pretty interesting though.

It looks like a Tory-Lib Dem coalition could be on the cards. No bad thing I think.

Looks more like a Lib-Lab coalition now, it should, like you say, make things interesting...

lets see what Cameron has to say at 14:30.

N14d7.jpg

This is the most entertaining election I've seen for ages.

Side-note: I see a lot of people expecting a paralyzed government if no party can create a majority coalition government, and I just have to stress once again that this happens ALL THE TIME in other countries. It's true that passing bills can be a bitch without a majority, but with three parties or more, you can always pass something with the right amounts of negotiation/compromise. In fact, it can be a true blessing, as no party can ever go berserk with power. Without a majority in Parliament or in the cabinet, Parliament will need to act like one body albeit with several heads.

Because I think a hung Parliament can be positive, even healthy, I think any system that favours a two-party state (like the British and the American systems obviously do) is fundamentally flawed, but maybe that's just me.

so what do y'all think no that the election bullshit is over? just wondering about a british POV

Back
Top Bottom