• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Bring Back Kirk Trailer!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This has been around for a few years now.
It was done by the guys over on the Captain Kirk Page
and who have been working on an Enhanced Edit of Trek 5.

My love of the Shat bows to no man's, but he's simply become too large to play Kirk. Federation liposuction would simply never permit him to swell to Denny Crane size.

They did bring back Kirk...he's now played by Chris Pine. :)

Let it go, Bill. Go off into the sunset like ST VI. If it makes you feel any better I pretend the death scene in Generations never happened.

Gaith said:
My love of the Shat bows to no man's, but he's simply become too large to play Kirk. Federation liposuction would simply never permit him to swell to Denny Crane size.

Oh I agree. I think the time has definitely passed.
As I said this Trailer was made quite a few years ago now.

Though I think it is a cool concept
and wish GENERATIONS had been something closer to this in tone and epic scale.

It is really too bad they could not come to agreement/or approached Shatner (depending on what story you believe) and filmed the little Kirk hologram wishing Spock a Happy Birthday and saying the classic "Where No Man Has Gone Before..." speech instead of Nimoy.

See here for details...
http://trekmovie.com/2009/11/23/read-the-star-trek-2009-scene-written-for-william-shatner/

In the meantime, I still have my Shatnerverse novels!:)

^ Nah, as RLM said, Shatner is a huge presence who overwhelms everything else. Nimoy and just Nimoy was the perfect continuity for the new film run. And a pocket hologram would have been too Star Wars-y in a movie already packed with such cues.

<tangent>That said, I'll forever be pissed at Nimoy for not agreeing to guest star on even one Boston Legal because he's "retired from acting", then going and doing the rather unremarkable (at least at the time) Fringe. I mean, dude... wtf?!</tangent>

I read the second two Shatnerverse Mirror novels a decade or so ago, and loved 'em... maybe I'll revisit them at some point...

Yeah, the first two Shatnerverse Trilogies were good Popcorn fun.
But the last trilogy Captain's Blood or whatever it was called, was bit of a mess.
Though I did enjoy his last novel set in the Academy.:)

Back
Top Bottom