• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Boogie Nights - Special Soundtrack Edition

groovefunkel

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Boogie Nights, without question, is my favorite film. I read where the director, P.T. Anderson, was unable to get the needed clearance to use the song "Boogie Nights" by the band Heatwave. I always found it a bit odd, so recently I edited the intro of the film to include my remix of this classic 70's track. I enjoyed the process so much, I decided to edit the entire film, minus two songs (more on that below).

Every song, minus two, have been carefully replaced...56 new songs in total. The two tracks that remain are "Sister Christian" by Night Ranger, and "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield, as the character Rahad Jackson reacts to these two songs in the film. All musical elements have been changed, aside from the aforementioned two.

The film credits have also been changed to show the new soundtrack (Special Soundtrack Edition). The original soundtrack credits are also included.

This edit includes the original soundtrack, plus two different audio formats for the new soundtrack: AC3 5.1 surround as well as a DTS 2.0 stereo track. Audio tracks can seamlessly be switched using MPC (media player classic). It is presented in 1080p via .mkv container.

Since I am unable to post links (new member), you can find me on YouTube. Search for "groovefunkel" I have a trailer for my new edit, and, the intro of the film replacing the original song with my remix of Boogie Nights, by Heatwave.

More Boogie. The Same Nights. Boogie Nights (Special Soundtrack Edition)

I love that avatar! I'm still laughing. Will you be doing the "longer" edition?

See now this,THIS is exactly what Boogie Nights should have been to begin with!.Transitions in combination with G's soundtrack selection are seamlessly integrated into an already legendary movie IMO.A perfect example of a greatly improved fanedit versus the original.Get it.You'll be glad you did.Thanks for all of your work on this.🔥

56 songs is quite the undertaking! Does the bluray have a clean center channel?

56 songs is quite the undertaking! Does the bluray have a clean center channel?
Mostly. There were a few spots where some music was mixed in, so I had to use some editing trickery with AI music/voice extraction.

Back
Top Bottom