• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

bluray boycott

reave said:
On a small screen, BD is not worth it. Anything HD over 32 inches will show a marked difference.

I agree.
The thing is I only have a 32'' 720p HDTV, and on a size like that I personally feel that only 1080p is really worth it.
That's why I still did not buy a BR player, I'm waiting to have a 1080p screen (and possibly bigger too, indeed).

720p quality on a 32'' screen is nice and better than DVD, but it's not enough for me to buy a new player.

I'm old fashioned and don't really see much of a difference between dvd and blu ray, I mean compared from the difference in quality between vhs to dvd. for the msot part the background in scenes look clearer. But even so some dvd players have upscaling which can improve them a little, e.g: the incredibles which looks well, incredible.

I'm with T-hope in that I hate when certain movies get a advantage on blu-ray, thankfully I converted blu-ray to HD-DVD rips so was fortunate to get my hands on DVD copies of Watchmen director's cut and the extended and upscaled version of Final Fantasy: Advent children.

Maybe if more companies did the same as Avatar where you get the dvd with the blu-ray anyway, it might be more beneficial for someone who might consider upgrading in the future.

Back
Top Bottom