• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Blu Ray Authoring at 23.976 fps or 24 fps, with chapters and menus - WHERE? HOW? it's getting harder

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey all...

Apols if this has been covered, but I had a look through and could not quite find what I was after.

All the Progs I us force either 25fps, or 29.97 despite my files being rensered at 23.976 or 24 fps per the ripped project.

Ive tried Roxio, POwer to, Blu ray Director, Blu Ray Producer, Nero, Burnova, Correl Videostudio, Aiesoft, Leaow and more...all have limitations of one sort or another...

I'm not looking to drop a fortune on this, but just can't find a prog that lets me do it any longer and my old progs do not work on Windows 10 or they require updatiing and wont load...so I update with my lifetime licence, and have the above issues when older versions did not have these issues...

I know everyone is digital, but Ilike round shinny things that go in a player...

Thanks for any help out there.

best

W

DVD Architect comes with Vegas and does Blu rays with some semblance of control. Vegas appears on Humble Bundle at least yearly in bundles with other software for about 20 bucks. I'm pretty sure as long as the file meets Blu-ray specs it'll accept it. But not totally sure, ask more people than me before jumping in and spending anything.

Maybe give TMPGEnc Authoring Works a go. Its compatible with Windows 10 and there's a 30 day free trial with no restrictions. So you can mess around and see if it fits the bill before buying.

I have everything on standard compliant blu-ray discs.

- If I want a Blu-ray structure with menu - MultiAVCHD.
- If I want Blu-ray disc without menu (auto-start the main feature when put into player) - TS_Muxer.

I FOUND A WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it is possible to burn a 23.97fps Bluray disc in VIDEOSTUDIO ULTIMATE!

You have first to render / convert your video/project to a compliant video file.
Typical settings:-

NTSC non-drop frame (30 fps)
MPEG files
24 bits, 1920 x 1080, 23.976 fps or 24 fps
Frame-based
(MPEG-2) (Transport stream), 16:9
H.264 Video
Video data rate: Variable (Max. 23999 kbps)
Audio data rate: 384 kbps

Then start a new project
Share Create Disc Bluray

Add your video file.
Do not go to Cogwheel settings,

SELECT
Do Not Convert Compliant video

If you do look ignore the properties window.
The wording Do Not Convert Compliant… does just that, so the cogwheel settings are not required, ignore them……
After pressing burn the process will start with convert Menu, assuming you are creating a menu...THIS IS GOOD, coz it skipped converting the file
so if you create a the Stream folder you can check the video properties as 23.97 fps...then burn the image to disc to be sure not to waste a disc!!!!!!

EUREKA!

Last edited:
Maybe give TMPGEnc Authoring Works a go. Its compatible with Windows 10 and there's a 30 day free trial with no restrictions. So you can mess around and see if it fits the bill before buying.
I second using tmpg since its what I use for bluray authoring. Its menu layout is a bit limited in what you can do. Its also pretty strict with bluray standards, doesn't support dts --licensing they dont want to pay for (lpcm and other formats are fine), but easy fix to swap out the audio afterwards using tsmuxer and BDinfo. Course the program isn't free

Dvd architect is the way to go with bluray authoring if you want to keep your sanity imo. It allows 23.976 or 24 fps, it's interface is very easy and let's you design your menus pretty much however you want in a very straightforward way. It's only drawback (for some) is no dts audio, has to be Adobe ac3 or pcm (either stereo or 5.1 it can do either But you can go the full 640 kbps for ac3 so I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal) but it's a very straightforward and easy program to author bluray with the menu you want it to have and it is very easy to use. My only advice is that it's very very picky on codecs and what it thinks it needs to re evolve for Blu Ray compliance and will often insist you need to re encode things you really technically don't need to but insists, so I would recommend giving it a render that is inflated and has a very high bitrate to minimize generational deterioration on the encode.

If you no longer have the resources to do that SOMETIMES importing it as elementary streams (without a container I mean) will get it to accept that it doesn't need re encoded if you no longer have the project files to re render losslessly or close to it.

Either way it's a very good option that is both easier and cheaper than most modern commercial Blu Ray authoring software and it pretty much let's you have full freedom on the menus.

Back
Top Bottom