• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Blood and Chrome (BSG prequel series)

I enjoyed it - be interesting to see where it ends up. Does feel like the middle of a BSG episode though, rather than a series in its own right.
The lens flares are ridiculous, way over the top (and I *liked* them in Star Trek!) - but as you say, only there to conceal the CGI sets. They seem to have very few real sets.
I look forward to the next instalment.

does anyone know exactly how many episodes they have planned, and what the release schedule is?

Good stuff. Would be fun to have a series with old school metal non-sexual cylons.

Episodes 3 and 4 are up!

hopefully this shows up for everyone. The facebook page posted an image with the air dates for the remaining episodes (2 per week, on Fridays):

148120_518357978188556_951249933_n.jpg

Watched eps 3 and 4 this morning, still very good stuff.

I see there is a lot buzz over the project, and now the producers are coming forward claiming this was the planned release method all along, and that it was never really intended to be a traditional tv pilot and that Syfy did not change it mind on the project, that basically all the bad press up to this point has been a misunderstanding.

I dunno.

Seems more like they are just put spin on the series since it is getting such good press.

While yes, the old cliffhanger style structure lends some credence to the new claims, but that could be just post production editing after SyFy dropped the pilot.

The main reason I am so skeptical is this film has been in the can for over a year now. Certainly if the project was always meant for online distribution and TPTB believed strongly in the project, it would have been released sooner to capitalize on BSG interest? Maybe I am wrong. I often am. LOL!

Not that it matters. It is a great show so far, and I will definitely be picking up the full dvd version in February.

Finally had time to sit down and watch the remaining episodes. I was impressed.
It is solid entertainment. And the visuals are absolutely beautiful.
Definitely worthy of the BSG legacy, and once again I ponder how SyFy dropped the ball on this entire franchise.

Now my hopes and dreams lie with Bryan Singer who currently has the rights for future development.

I, too, enjoyed it. I wasn't a fan of using CG to create locations. I prefer actual sets as opposed to green screen. That said, the acting was solid enough, the writing okay if not a little cliche, but as you said it was good entertainment. It would have been nice to see this continue.

Q2 said:
I, too, enjoyed it. I wasn't a fan of using CG to create locations. I prefer actual sets as opposed to green screen. That said, the acting was solid enough, the writing okay if not a little cliche, but as you said it was good entertainment. It would have been nice to see this continue.

Yeah, it definitely had a WWII B-movie feel to story, but still well executed.

Back
Top Bottom