• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Blade Runner 2049: New Vangelis Cut by Problem Eliminator

I actually found the slow pace helpful, it gave me lots of footage to work with in the rescore. Not that I cut a lot - but I was able to occasionally trim or remove a shot without significantly altering the pacing.

Last Impressions said:
I didn't have a problem with Wallace and i enjoyed the Rachael clone scene, however, i absolutely did not like the movie telegraphing us Deckard's memory of her just before her reveal. You are correct to correct the music for K's death. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have done. Will you provide a list of the songs you have used in the credits?

I have a full list of songs at the end of the movie, and a partial list in my original post in this thread (also there's a full cut list, if you want to read it).

Edit has been submitted to IFDB and will be available by end of this week. I've tested the audio levels (i.e. volume of music and dynamic range compression for 5.1 to stereo downmix) on a few different sound set-ups, and I'd eventually like to test the audio on a couple more. Also would be interested to hear how it sounds on anyone else's set-up. If the audio levels need some tinkering, I might possibly release a version 2.

Thread moved to completed.

I'm having some difficulty rendering the 1080p version of this, but when it's ready, I'll make sure to share it with everyone who has requested the edit so far.

EDIT: 720p and 1080p versions are now available, PM if interested. :)

@"Hypnosomnia" If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

FINALLY sat down to watch this and it was great, but I honestly wasn't a fan of the music choice for the start of the spinner chase at the end. I don't know what it was about it, but it just felt...off to me.

I'll post a fuller review on IFDb later. But on the whole, great job with this! Definitely a unique spin on the movie. I don't know how you did such a seamless job with all the music replacement, I'm extremely impressed.

Thanks @"ChainsawAsh"!

The new spinner chase music has proved controversial - several viewers noted that it didn't work for them. I actually like Zimmer/Wallfisch's original "Sea Wall" but I found it very out of place among the new Vangelis score, because it doesn't sound like Vangelis at all. It was difficult to find a replacement that worked. The track I chose, "Physical Energy" had to be edited (slowed down and pitched down) to fit the tone of the scene. It didn't come off quite the way I hoped, but I had to release the edit eventually, lol.

Hello I sent a message with no response. Is this edit still active? If not, ignore this. Thanks, and have a good day!  :)

Sorry, I must have missed your message. I’ll send you the link later today!

Back
Top Bottom